Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best place for .410 shells in LM

Best place for .410 shells in LM

Just picked up a .410, and there is not a lot of selection in the Chilliwack area, just wondering who has the best selection in the lower mainland, looking for a selection of different shot sizes to pattern, and preferably 3"

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Best place for .410 shells in LM

Found a box of .410 2.5" number 6 shot out in the woods a couple yeas ago. You can have em if you want. I'm in Tsawwassen if you or anyone else wants them. Price is Au grattin..That's Ricky talk for "free".

GONE
    Last edited by Glenny; 08-02-2015 at 12:19 PM.

If you ever get up to Lone Butte, there is a sporting goods store up here that has a good selection of ammo, including .410 shells.
    BC RESIDENT HUNTER AND VOTER!

You are probably right that the big department chains are paying subversive social media marketers to slowly infiltrate this site and steer the conversation to them. I thank god that two of you pointed this out.

Besides, its a sad day when someone actually answers a guy's question about where to find a lesser available ammunition type.

I mentioned a small co. where a member could get some 9mm cheap and my post was deleted post haste. I do see wm, ct, and wss mentioned on the sight all the time though.

I have reported this thread to two different moderators saying that Walmart and Canadian Tire have been being advertised in it, yet the thread continues. When I mentioned an independent shop in a thread looking for .22 ammo, the thread was locked within 24 hours. Apparently the mods support large multi-national corporations but not the small independents where you can actually get REAL service and information. To me the rules are the rules, if you are not allowed to advertise non-sponsor businesses, it should not matter if you advertise a small independent or large multi-nationals.
    BC RESIDENT HUNTER AND VOTER!

Ford, honda, sitka, tikka...... Hundreds of popular products that are talked about often amd there is no sponsorship from anyone of them. Just saying

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Quote Originally Posted by Husky7mm View Post
    Ford, honda, sitka, tikka...... Hundreds of popular products that are talked about often amd there is no sponsorship from anyone of them. Just saying
    I support "CaribooBC" on this issue...
    That's true, but the product is not the contentious issue, the specific stores or shops are.
    It's also troubling that some forum members are chastised or have their threads blocked
    but others are not, especially when the same shops are discussed or promoted. It seems
    if a Sponsor complains something is done about it, otherwise it's allowed or tolerated.
    I personally believe that it should be allowed or tolerated without prejudice provided
    Sponsors aren't slighted or shown disrespect, but I don't make the rules, I only try to
    follow them.

I have yet to figure out where I stand on this...

Seems nuts to me that any conversation retail related needs to be about sponsors or not at all.

A guy asks where to get something and people answer with their choice of locations. If the guy needs the ammo everyone is to keep him in the dark? Unless it's a site sponsor.

Sponsors can chime in if they have it. In fact I believe Nechako did on Srupp's thread. Heaven forbid they check the forums they sponsor once a day to see if they can be of assistance and leverage their marketing spend further.

Any business that doesn't realize there is value in doing so online is missing a piece of the action. That is on them.

Sure it is one more thing to do when running a business. But no one said running a business is easy.

I live it everyday. Prioritizing the endless things that not only I need to get done but 20+ other do as well. So I get it.

But you want the revenue, go find it.

Besides I am sure not a thread about something ammo related or most other retail products would go by without someone suggesting the sponsors.

At at the end of the day, like most marketing efforts I am sure they realize they won't get every last dollar out of those exposed to the marketing.

So I guess I now know where I stand...had to type it out to decide.

As far as the moderation issue goes. That is a separate issue. But certainly seems folks have a valid point. I'll never claim to understand the choices they make. Which isn't to disparage them. I am sure that is a painful gig. Heck, reading most threads on here can be exhausting. Couldn't imagine having to decide what and who stays and who and what goes.

No reason to let the screws off them about seeking clarity around their decisions about various threads though. Without the users there is no forum. It'd be in their interest to ensure the members are somewhat content. If membership numbers are important to them. That may be a flawed assumption on my part.

Now that I think about it, I guess it doesn't greatly matter. Assume no one is getting rich off a forum of this size.

Reasonable to ask them for clarity, but probably best to live with it or move on if you don't like the answer or silence.

Quote Originally Posted by Husky7mm View Post

Anything ending with an A is ok. So you only had one violation.