Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bino Harness

Re: Bino Harness

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRunner View Post
    Have the S4. It's okay for a minimalist approach to keep bino's secure. But dust and moisture are an issue….
    Just bought some new higher quality glass in celebration of a recent Elk draw… so I have a AGC compact on the way for me….
    Got my AGC case the other day. The only drawback is a lack of tethers to have as a safety to secure your glass. He sends a piece of paracord and says tie them in….lol
    Anyways after getting creative with some old lanyards that came with some Fenix flashlights, I'm happy with what I have now.
    The whole setup is comfortable, relatively quiet, and well made. I expect it to function very well.
    Here's some pics of the compact model….as the Alaska Guide Creations website is plain and simply….lame.

Those are Razor 10x42 for reference.

Have you figured out what the heck will fit in the side pockets? Just got mine last night as well and dang those pockets are pretty tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastcar View Post
    Have you figured out what the heck will fit in the side pockets? Just got mine last night as well and dang those pockets are pretty tight.
    I use them to store a mittfull of 5 cent candies from 7-11

In my side pockets I have… 1 bic lighter, 2 wet fire cubes, whistle, and a fire/ferro rod… the other side has a Fenix E11 LED flashlight (runs on 1 AA bat), and 3 more spare AA batteries for said flashlight and the GPS.
    Basically just some "what if" stuff which is redundant gear anyways that won't see much use…. except the batteries for the GPS

Quote Originally Posted by SR80 View Post
    I use them to store a mittfull of 5 cent candies from 7-11
    You are an SOB for not sharing. I could have stirred them into my Mountain House.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRunner View Post
    In my side pockets I have… 1 bic lighter, 2 wet fire cubes, whistle, and a fire/ferro rod… the other side has a Fenix E11 LED flashlight (runs on 1 AA bat), and 3 more spare AA batteries for said flashlight and the GPS.
    Basically just some "what if" stuff which is redundant gear anyways that won't see much use…. except the batteries for the GPS
    Ya...I am trying to figure it out. What "needs" to be in there that can't be in my "essentials" pull out in my pack.

If I dropped the pack and ended up a ways from it at dusk for some reason the headlamp makes sense.

Fire starter as well I suppose. I guess I was hoping they would hold a range finder and some reasonable size snacks. But I kinda knew they wouldn't from the pics I saw in advance.

I should just call Jaret and ask him, I am sure there was some thought put into them and their purpose. Other than adding weight.

Oh well, a light and some of SR80's 5 cent candies it is!

Ya...I am trying to figure it out. What "needs" to be in there that can't be in my "essentials" pull out in my pack.

If I dropped the pack and ended up a ways from it at dusk for some reason the headlamp makes sense.

Fire starter as well I suppose. I guess I was hoping they would hold a range finder and some reasonable size snacks. But I kinda knew they wouldn't from the pics I saw in advance.

I should just call Jaret and ask him, I am sure there was some thought put into them and their purpose. Other than adding weight.

Oh well, a light and some of SR80's 5 cent candies it is!
    Could definitely store some power bars in the back pocket. Keep them warm and pliable when the temperature drops too….

I plan on getting a FHF gear range finder pouch to add to the system...

The hill people gear front packs make good bino harness'. Depending on the size there is room for quite a bit of extra essential gear too.