Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is it worth it to deflate the tires on FSR?

Re: Is it worth it to deflate the tires on FSR?

Quote Originally Posted by 604ksmith View Post
    Hey Robin,

What kind of compressor do you have? Do you run a full-time mounted compressor for air and lockers, or some sort of cigarette or battery plug-in version? Any suggestions on something to buy for casual pump ups for exactly this FSR thread question would be appreciated. Thanks, Kevin

I have a viair 300p that I keep in a "fat .50" ammo can, along with my plug kit. I've used it to fill quad tires, up to 36" TSLs. Clips straight to the battery. It gets warm after filling 4 36" tires from 5 psi up to 25-30, but it does the trick. A friend of mine has had great luck with the "slime" brand units from Walmart, but like everything else I use in the bush, buy the best and it won't let you down.
    If I didn't swap it between vehicles, I would had mount it, plumbed to a tank, or simply convert an A/C compressor and plumb that to a tank. Since it may spend time in my DD, my wheeler, and in dad's f350 in a month...I just keep it in the ammo can.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Good thread! I don't change my tire pressures when in the woods , just adjust for the load if I have too.
    I have a Canadian Tire Booster pack with air compressor on it. It saved the day last year. Just a note to everyone......Check the pressure in your
    spare once in a while!

I deflate all 4 of my tires on my 250 ford 4x4 its a 1994 I have 10ply tires on it and if I was to run the tires with the recommended tire pressure It would ride like a bucking bronco I lower my tires to 25psi all four tire and it makes the hell of a difference ,,mind you I carry a well made electric air pump with me behind the seat just incase I want to load up the box with wood or other make sure you get a well made tire pump there handy to have for all reasons,,I got my tire pump from lordco on sale for 160.00 good stuff not like the shit you get from CT,,LOL
    Last edited by hunter1947; 07-29-2015 at 05:28 PM.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Kevin, I run a small Viair it's fast and portable. I drive a 2006 Rubicon so I don't worry about air for my lockers which is the reason I like the Viair, it can go from truck to truck. It clamps to the batteries(I run 2) so there's no worry about blowing a fuse like the cheap cigarette plug ins. I think the price was around $400 from North Shore Off Road, 5 years later it's still filling tires without a hiccup.
    Quote Originally Posted by 604ksmith View Post
    Hey Robin,

What kind of compressor do you have? Do you run a full-time mounted compressor for air and lockers, or some sort of cigarette or battery plug-in version? Any suggestions on something to buy for casual pump ups for exactly this FSR thread question would be appreciated. Thanks, Kevin

I run 150% of max pressure.. To do this buy rims that are 1" oversize recommended! This is all in the name of fuel mileage of course.. Went from 15l per 100k down to 10!..

You have to use a mouth guard and have your chiropractor on speed dial though..