Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: kamloops whitetail woohoo 2 more days to go!!!!

kamloops whitetail woohoo 2 more days to go!!!!

ahhh,,,,another season upon us,,,,so pumped to get back out there in 2 days and start pumping away at some more whitetail in kamloops region,,,,noticing as every year goes along the pickings for bucks is SLOWLY increasing,,,,but its getting there,,,,and the bucks SLOWLY gaining in size over last few years,,,,,,last year i could only muster a spike buck,,,and a 3x3,,,,which i was happy with,,,,,definately TONS of does out there for Oct 10 th opener,,,,,,might take a friend of mine out this year(his 1st year hunting),,,,,get him his 1st whitetail doe to start with,,,,,,he is a meat hunter and is not expecting anything but meat for there freezer,,,good luck all,,,pound the rocks hard this year
    Aim small,,miss small

2. Site Sponsor

Re: kamloops whitetail woohoo 2 more days to go!!!!

Good LUCK B-rad - Hope you Get a GREAT Buck ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Good LUCK B-rad - Hope you Get a GREAT Buck ! RJ
    I hunt a lot around Kamloops, noticed the same thing ... lots of small spike and fork bucks, I managed one nice 4x4 Wt buck the year before last but there are NO shortage of does that’s for damn sure.

Im hoping to manage two WT bucks and a nice mulie this fall, one each month sept-nov if I have anything to do with it haha

best of luck all!!

Are you guys talking north of kamloops or south? My experience is that south of the loops it's still predominantly mule deer.

Yes, there are whitetail but I mean generally Logan lake to kamloops ... mostly mule deer.

Has it changed in the past 4-5 years?

Whiteys POPPING up ALL over now a days ! RJ

yes,,the whitetail are everywhere now,,,,,,right from tunkwa lake plateau,,,,,,lac le jeune,,,,,,,nicola lake plateau,,,,douglas lake,,,,,,,batchlor heights,,,westside,,,,cambell lake,,,,monte lake,,,,,chase,,,,,pinitan lake,,,,,,so yup,,,,literally totally in-circling kamloops,,,,,,but in all honesty,,,,,,there is a bit of difference hunting them,,,if someone is use to 100% hunting mulies,,,,,some of the time people are out hunting in Oct when any mule buck is open,,,,,,and they come accross does 100-150 yards out and just assume they are mule does,,,,,but actually whitetail does,,which are open at same time,,,,,,so there is a bit of a mis-identification issue still,,,,but thats understandable,,,,,,,,,Tons of hunters are still use to looking for only bone on the head,,,for that good ole trusty mulie buck
    Aim small,,miss small

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Are you guys talking north of kamloops or south? My experience is that south of the loops it's still predominantly mule deer.

Yes, there are whitetail but I mean generally Logan lake to kamloops ... mostly mule deer.

Has it changed in the past 4-5 years?
    Cross the Coq. and you will find whities.
    Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets...

You are in the land of giants for WT.
    I have a few contacts that have killed some hammers the last few years

Respect you are sharing and investing in others.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post

ive always been shocked over the last few years as I hunt WT east of Kamloops with great success and no one ever really talks about the spot.

Ill tell you you one thing though, in the few years I’ve been hunting this area, the WT are quickly displacing the mule deer. Areas I used to see mulies are now WT every time, only exception to this seems to be up high early season

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post

also I don’t know about you, but I get ALOT more excited to see a big mulie buck than I do a WT, but maybe that’s just because I’m from the east and used to WTs but either way, the more people that hunt WT successfully the BETTER!