Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lab in Lower mainland to test black bear for trich?

Re: Lab in Lower mainland to test black bear for trich?

i made some burges yestday, as we were enjoying them, someone mentioned theres was pink. a couple of us looked at eachother with wide eyes and told them to stop and throw it back on the grill. I really hope they dont get trichnosis due to me only checking the first batch for temp then matching the time on the second batch

Re: Lab in Lower mainland to test black bear for trich?

Quote Originally Posted by chrismcd View Post
    i made some burges yestday, as we were enjoying them, someone mentioned theres was pink. a couple of us looked at eachother with wide eyes and told them to stop and throw it back on the grill. I really hope they dont get trichnosis due to me only checking the first batch for temp then matching the time on the second batch
    Probably fine... 165 F is guaranteed elimination of trich... anything close even 130 probably does the job. You're playing with so many "what if's" ...

What if there was trich?
    What if the internal temp was below 165?
    Ok what if it was below 130 which would have killed it 99%
    in the 1/100 chance somebody ingested eggs or worms, what are the odds of it living? What are the odds of it living half cooked drowned in a few beers?

Ok so a worm or some eggs lived in their tummy... how bad will their trich be? Most of the time the human body deals with trich in a couple weeks, without symptoms ever showing

It's not like they ate a couple pounds of rare steak... bite or two of a burger a little pink

Stop worrying but be more careful.

I cut up a bunch into little stirfry sized nuggets. One looked a tad pink but I ate it anyway. Yum yum!!

I'd worry more about tape worms than trich... but not enough to check my poops for tapeworm segments even though the bear I ate had plenty of segments in his piles. The odds of a bit of pink causing devastation are slim.

"may the odds be ever in your favor" !!!
    Last edited by caddisguy; 05-24-2015 at 09:50 PM.