Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Leases

Re: Hunting Leases

Problem with DLR is that it surrounds a piece of crown land (the lake) and they have issues giving a right of way to access it, essentially making it private.

Same thing happens with checkerboarding in the states and outlawing corner crossing.

you own the land but not the animals on it. Next you will see high fences keeping our critters in...I don't like that idea one bit
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Technically, landowners who do not have guiding tenures in BC can't charge for "hunting", but they can charge for access to their land — a subtle difference with similar results.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    you own the land but not the animals on it. Next you will see high fences keeping our critters in...I don't like that idea one bit
    sorry for the hijack but you just reminded me that i saw 2 big MD does lying inside the perimeter of a chain link fence yesterday....butit was in someones backyard near the petrocan in princeton....heheheheh...was driving so no pics

Private landowners should have the right to charge trespass fees for any activity on their own land, and to choose who they grant access to.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Private landowners should have the right to charge trespass fees for any activity on their own land, and to choose who they grant access to.
    I have no problem with that, but high fences shouldn't be allowed, controlling movement or restricting movement of non domestic animals should not be allowed, and if there is public land surrounded entirely by private land, access must be allowed
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    One of our members gave me the name of a rancher who was happy to allow hunters (responsible and considerate ones) on his land. I now have a great rapport with that land owner and have hunted his lands a couple of times now, with game in the freezer as a result. His neighbor will call the COs and have you charged if you even step one toe on his property. I think if my acreage was large enough to allow hunting on it, I would have a very hard time with letting random strangers walk around it with loaded guns. If you find a deal like I have, make sure you treat the land owners like gold!

i have land that restricts access to public land...if your not a dirt bag i will let accesd occur except you darksith (kidding) problem is litter poaching and shooting towards houses.. had a fawn shot on my posted driveway with two inch spikes..buddy left guts in my yard.when i went to say hi he was proud of the buck with milk on its lips...next day more signs went up..
    no problem shooting a limit of deer a year and granting access no problem..problem lies in dirt bag greedy attitude like last week 6 shots 2 whitetail shooting all directions.

ps leases would be the wnd of what bc great

It's their land, they can do what they want. We allow people to hunt on our property, but getting a few $$ would be a nice bonus too.