Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: BC government Google Earth land use data file

Re: BC government Google Earth land use data file

Quote Originally Posted by Nailknot85 View Post
    Just to revive an old thread. I was hoping someone would be willing to help me out here, I'm trying to find a Google Earth overlay that show FSR's and cutblocks.

I can't seem to find a 'licenses and permits' tab in the Google Earth Discovery tool. It is there on the iMaps site though.

Is there an overlay for Google Earth that shows cutblocks and FSR's or do I need to use iMap for that?

TIA
    Try downloading this file and then open it from Google Earth. You'll find the cut blocks and FSR info under Licenses and Permits.

I see that they have fixed the property ownership side of things now too.

http://openmaps.gov.bc.ca/kml/BCGov_Web_Map_Library.kml
    Last edited by Slinky Pickle; 09-26-2017 at 04:45 PM.
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Slinky Pickle View Post
    Try downloading this file and then open in from Google Earth. You'll find the cut blocks and FSR info under Licenses and Permits.

I see that they have fixed the property ownership side of things now too.

http://openmaps.gov.bc.ca/kml/BCGov_Web_Map_Library.kml
    That one works perfect, thank you.

Just a heads up for folks trying to work with Google Earth. The original government created file that this thread refers to was screwed up for quite some time but it now appears to be functioning as originally intended. The tutorial video should once again be valid and correct. Happy searching!
    Last edited by Slinky Pickle; 09-26-2017 at 05:01 PM.
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.

Ive tried everywhich way, and can't get anything up on my dang google earth. It used to work like a hot damn... anyone else having issues?

Quote Originally Posted by howa1500 View Post
    Ive tried everywhich way, and can't get anything up on my dang google earth. It used to work like a hot damn... anyone else having issues?
    Some seem to work, some do not. I cannot get the private land portion to work at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    Some seem to work, some do not. I cannot get the private land portion to work at all.
    I've found it depends on the zoom level. Sometimes zooming in or out a bit seems to make it work again, I suspect the servers are slow and taking too long to respond, causing a timeout which G-Earth then displays no data for. YMMV

I cannot get it to work at any zoom level over any length of time. It looks great on the video though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    I cannot get it to work at any zoom level over any length of time. It looks great on the video though.
    Mine works as long as the "eye elevation" (bottom right) is at about 2km or less. You also need to wait about 5 seconds after panning or zooming for it to kick in.

Thanks again for this SP
    needed it to use on a new pc.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Thanks again for this SP
    needed it to use on a new pc.
    I've created a new video recently that uses the Front Counter BC data that is now available. Feel free to check this one out too.