Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lower mainland Kokanee 2020

Re: Lower mainland Kokanee 2020

I’m not really a fly fisherman I have the gear just never got into yet except for trolling something on a fly rod . Could I do this for Kokanee ? Would like to see my better half catch a few fish the fella in the video was using a spinning set up what would work for bait ?
    Thanks Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

https://www.bcfishn.com/kokanee-on-the-fly/
    Here's some info I found in fly fishing for Kokanee.

Does anyone have an idea of the water level at Alouette right now?

Quote Originally Posted by ekul246 View Post
    Looking to start my second season of targeting Kokanee. Hopefully I'll get out more than 2 or 3 times this year. Is it still too early to give Alouette a try?
    Do you think they will drop the lake down like they did last year?
    I would like to try and get as much spring Kokanee fishing in as I can cuz once the big boats got out on the lake in early to mid-june last year, they made the water very rough. That added to the wind in the afternoon made it tough to navigate the lake. Not impossible. But tough

I also picked up a small Scotty downrigger and a 3lb ball last fall. Can't wait to give it it's first try!
    Ekul246
    Glad to hear you picked up a Scotty downrigger. You're going to love it. Good luck when you get out there.

Thanks Ben!
    Didn't end up making it out change of plans. Maybe in a few weeks

Went out to Kawkawa last Saturday. Had one bite on the double wedding band behind the silver and gold flasher. Other than that, nothing. Also forgot my downrigger so didn't get to try it out. One other boat came out and he tried every depth with his downriggers and didn't get any bites either. I anchored in the Northwest corner and float fished krill for the coho. Had a number of bites and a couple brief hook ups. Landed 2. My daughter was excited about the two coho even though she didn't hook any. Trolled a little longer after that. But still no Kokanee.
    Tried out my crayfish traps. Soaked them for 5 hours but nothing. Oh well, still early in the season.

Anyone have any idea whether Golden Ears park is completely shut down or not? Really want to get out to Alouette Lake if possible....

Went out to Kawkawa last Saturday. Had one bite on the double wedding band behind the silver and gold flasher. Other than that, nothing. Also forgot my downrigger so didn't get to try it out. One other boat came out and he tried every depth with his downriggers and didn't get any bites either. I anchored in the Northwest corner and float fished krill for the coho. Had a number of bites and a couple brief hook ups. Landed 2. My daughter was excited about the two coho even though she didn't hook any. Trolled a little longer after that. But still no Kokanee.
    Tried out my crayfish traps. Soaked them for 5 hours but nothing. Oh well, still early in the season.
    Son In Law was on Kawkawa the Sat before that with our Daughter and Grand Girls, said the Lake was packed.
    They got nothing and only saw one fish caught.

Picked up a little sounder yesterday. Pretty excited to try it out along with the downrigger

Anyone have any idea whether Golden Ears park is completely shut down or not? Really want to get out to Alouette Lake if possible....
    All Provincial parks are closed, unfortunately.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.