Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford vs Dodge vs Chevy one ton diesels

Re: Ford vs Dodge vs Chevy one ton diesels

Quote Originally Posted by knothead View Post
    Well thanks for all of the replies to this thread though I have to admit not many of them were very relevant to the original post I'm flying to Williams Lake tomorrow to pick up my new truck, a 2016 dodge ram Laramie one ton crew cab long box 4x4 with the Aisin transmission(heavy duty) and a full load. The only long box Laramie left in western Canada in the configuration I wanted
    Your going to love it.I have a 2005 one large purchase i have never regretted.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Cant wait, I'm looking forward to the 5 hr drive back to the coast.
    'The bible says the end is coming soon, I hope I get my cabin built by then'
    Richard ‘Dick’ Proenekke

So here's the new truck, stopped on the Thompson on the way back from Williams lake

Richard ‘Dick’ Proenekke

^^ Nice truck !!
    Leave the gun, grab the cannoli's.

And a little story to go with it about the Dodge dealer in White Rock. I went in to the dealer a couple of weeks ago to see if they had the truck I was looking for so they did a search and came up with this one but they would have to bring it in.
    I told them I was interested but wanted to look around a bit and see if I could find one in the lower mainland but there was none to be had, long box trucks are tough to find here.
    Dealership in White Rock says no problems we can bring it in for you, just sign the papers and give us a $1000 deposit and it will be shipped.
    Perfect, sign the papers give them the grand shaking of hands and congrats on the purchase of your new truck smiles all around, that was last Sunday.

Thurs get a call from them and I'm thinking their calling to tell me my trucks in which is perfect because I bought a new camper to go with it and this means I will have it into the camper guys and have the belly bars put in and be ready for the long weekend.
    When I answer the phone I can tell by the tone of the sales persons voice that somethings wrong and sure enough she proceeds to tell me they may not be able to get the truck because there's already a deal pending on the truck. Well says I, I know there's already a deal pending on this truck and it's mine so you better straighten this out or your dealership just bought themselves a new camper because this camper won't fit on my old truck.

Later that afternoon I went in person to the dealership and talked to the finance guy who approved me for the truck and he told me the truck was sold, again I informed him that there is no chance thats happening because on their word and a signed deal i purchased a new camper and if they didn't deliver me a truck he was going to have a new camper parked in his yard. He told me he would see what he could do.
    Later on that day I talked to the general manager of the dealership and he just wanted to ask me some questions about the truck I wanted and about the deal I signed and told me that he was on it and he would do his best to resolve this issue.

Next day back to the dealership to talk to the general manager, he proceeds to tell me that the truck is still for sale but the dealership in Williams lake has no interest in selling it to the White Rock guys but he would be happy to sell it to me personally.

So off I go to WL and purchase myself a new truck after the a-holes in WR told me first there was a deal pending on the truck I wanted and then told me it was sold, two outright lies right to my face that could have possibly meant me not buying a truck this year, hows that for customer service?

A little karma goes a long way though not only did they not get a sale but they did get a lot of bad will from me and hopefully anyone else who reads this and I got the truck for four grand cheaper in WL for the cost of a $200 dollar plane ticket and a very nice break in drive which I thoroughly enjoyed. Oh the dealership also threw in some extras for me that came to about the value of the plane ticket!
    Last edited by knothead; 08-27-2016 at 11:47 PM.
    Richard ‘Dick’ Proenekke

Thanks Sleep Robber! I am thrilled and grinnin ear to ear!
    Richard ‘Dick’ Proenekke

New rigs are something we don't get very often. Enjoy that new dodge. What camper you putting on it?

interesting story Knothead.I bought my first 92' dodge ram clubcab 4x4 from white rock Chrysler and after going over my wants they told me the same thing ,there was nothing in the Vancouver area/lowermainland that matched.They ended up sourceing the manual trany model in Kamloops and we made a deal.im wondering how much cheaper I may have got it if I had done the drive there myself!.
    The sales guy I delt with had to burn up his own weekend driving up there ,picking it up and driving back so I'm sure they tacked on a couple k.It was priced in the end the same as a comparible auto trany truck with the same options tho local.
    Enjoy the new truck.If treated well these truck will last decades.Im into yr 11 on my current 05 and other than a few door dents she's standing up well and the drivetrain is strong..

takla
    If it don't have a throttle,tits or a trigger I'm pretty much uninterested
    Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor in the future shall any of us cease to be.

Haley dodge,Whiterock.Worst buying experience ever.

By the way I should have already put a shout out to Gustafson Chrysler in Williams Lake for treating me with respect and making the purchase painless also just for being really nice people.
    Richard ‘Dick’ Proenekke