Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Region 8 Elk - Trail cam

Re: Region 8 Elk - Trail cam

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    Yes indeed the Keepers of the land have been very busy in our neck of the wood .Reports of a 5x5 elk coming down from the road just east of your place last week .
    Yes they have been busy around there indeed. Tough for a herd to expand when the 24/7/365 hunters are on them the way they are. Region 8 elk would be better off without the advertising for that reason alone.

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    Yes indeed the Keepers of the land have been very busy in our neck of the wood .Reports of a 5x5 elk coming down from the road just east of your place last week .
    Yup. My wife works in the local butcher shop. There's been a lot more than just a 5x5 bull elk that's been taken lately.

Pretty good! Took 14 posts before it turned to native bashing. If they are hunting in their traditional territory for food it's legal according to Canadian law. I support all legal hunters and legal hunting methods. To do otherwise only plays into the anti-hunter agenda. Great pictures by the way. Hope I have some good ones on my cameras. Good luck this season.

Quote Originally Posted by papaken View Post
    Pretty good! Took 14 posts before it turned to native bashing. If they are hunting in their traditional territory for food it's legal according to Canadian law. I support all legal hunters and legal hunting methods. To do otherwise only plays into the anti-hunter agenda. Great pictures by the way. Hope I have some good ones on my cameras. Good luck this season.
    Should almost just start a thread(sarcasm)....then every other thread doesn't have to get steered in the wrong direction by the one guy sipping behind his computer you guys saying the elk were taken curious is that in Princeton?

Elk are an introduced species in most parts of Reg 8

They are not indigenous.
    Tough to lay claim to traditional hunting of a species that was introduced.

FN have the right to hunt yr round, I accept that fact
    Just wish that there was more structure and regulation with it

Back on track........
    Nice young bulls

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by bassplayer View Post
    Yup. My wife works in the local butcher shop. There's been a lot more than just a 5x5 bull elk that's been taken lately.
    If the general hunting public only knew .............. but there's SFA we can do about it ....
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Natives know what's going on! Just relax as there shit you can do about it
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

^^^^^the best thing we can do is if we see elk anywhere near FSR's or easily accessible areas, lets scare em off...hopefully they'll learn to stay away from those areas...

Quote Originally Posted by ourea View Post
    elk are an introduced species in most parts of reg 8

they are not indigenous.
    Tough to lay claim to traditional hunting of a species that was introduced.

Fn have the right to hunt yr round, i accept that fact
    just wish that there was more structure and regulation with it

back on track........
    Nice young bulls
    x2............

Trail cams. Pretty sad what people will put on here in the way of pictures.I am sure more of you could crop out the backgrounds to prevent thousands of people from knowing exactly where each animal is. Give them the chance they deserve. No disrespect to your post , Hope people realize what negative impact social media plays . example Okanagan park footage etc.