Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: headlamps/ whats everyone using?

Re: headlamps/ whats everyone using?

Hmm some folks like Vortex bios. .spotting scopes..others Swarovski HD...
    I have a 10 year old Petzel. ..so it works and has passed the durability test..
    However...
    I bought a Fenix headlamp last year..light years ..ha ha ha..ahead of petzel..in materials..light output..design..it's in that Swarovski category..yap that good..and i too bought from Fenix Frank.
    Cheers
    Steven

If you are like me and lose them get the Costco set. Super cheap and really bright. Really good bang for the buck. I'm sure a Peztal or Fenix would kick their a$$ but you won't be nearly as pi$$ed losing a Costco one.

Iv'e been using an 20.00 dollar energizer head lamp from crappy tire. I am surprised how bright it is.

Pemby_mess Guest

I always bring two - Black Diamond Icon for route finding at night and the other an old Petzl Tikka for messing around at camp or for lending to my partner while route finding when he discovers the cheap ones don't work. ( cheap being expensive in some cases - Ive spent less on headlamps in 10 years than my primary partner has in 5)

I can easily ski at night with the BD Icon which is my test of an adequate light. For the replacement when (if?) it ever gives up is going to be a Petzl Nao I think - ITs pretty cool; light adjusts automatically to long and short range. I would replace the tikka with a Elite.

I have a couple of Princeton Tec "BYTE" single led and runs on a single AAA battery. Nice and light and pretty bright. I also have some cheap ones from Costco came in a 3 pack with copper top batteries for around $20.They run on 3 AAA batteries and are bright but I've broken a couple at the hinge where the lense goes up and down.

I've been using an energizer briliant beam. Treated with ACF-50 corrosion blocker. It's been going strong for 4 years now. I keep telling myself to get something a little less bulky, but no complaints so far.

I had a surefire minimus vision and it was awesome but now have a zebra light and it's been going strong for 4 years, light compact and puts out a ton of light if you want it.

been using the same Petzel Tikka Plus going on 5 years now. No complaints

Petzl Nao 2 575 lumens love love it....and yes Fenix CU35 TAC 900 lumens (2 extra 18650 batteries and charger) USB flashlight as backup
    2 Rayovac Undestructable Lantern, and LED work Flood light conected to the generator or Car Battery
    Last edited by selvir; 09-22-2016 at 08:58 PM.
    Religion is for people who fear Hell, Spirituality is for people who have been there...

Coast HL27