Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blinds on public land

Re: Blinds on public land

I agree, but I would have no desire whatsoever to sit in someone else's blind. Is it that crowded over there? Why not just set up your own?
    Yup, that coiler is a personal best...

Peoples sense of entitlement has extended well beyond the marsh these days, into private fields, and everyday life. I believe it has in large part to do with people not discipling their kids anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by aggiehunter View Post
    ...you guys must be hurtin for spots..now heres' how it works..if it's a man made built blind then help yourself if no one is in it...if the guy that built it comes along with all his stuff...you leave.

DO you live in comox? I think I have ran into you a few times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Aggie, you're wrong. There's no other way to say it.

Quite the scenario.... I would imagine that a lot of water fowlers have similar thoughts on what a good spot to set up a blind would be. Those that have set up blinds essentially leave their 'things' in these spots, in effect stopping others from setting up their own blind. Thinking that if you set it up, it is YOUR spot if, and when you want to use it is completely ridiculous. Remove your crap from the marsh then so you don't impede another hunter from setting up a blind, and enjoying a day out on the marsh.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Quote Originally Posted by aggiehunter View Post
    ...you guys must be hurtin for spots..now heres' how it works..if it's a man made built blind then help yourself if no one is in it...if the guy that built it comes along with all his stuff...you leave.
    So if I like to hunt that part of the marsh and a guy builds a blind in there I'm no longer able to hunt that section and am supposed to leave if he shows up??
    PUBLIC land if I'm there first I'm not waiting for someone to tell me if I can use the blind or not I will be using it period. If they want to join no problem meet some new hunters.

There is lots of public land out there to build a blind on.....that said........I'd prefer to build my own blind and leave the one already there for the people who made it, IMO that's just common courtesy, public land or not. I myself would leave if I knew it was the certain individual{s} that built the blind, they obviously took the time to make it so be a nice guy and let them enjoy it, it doesn't take all that long to build one anyways and IMO it's all part of the process and quite a bit of fun too so.............

But,..... if someone was in the blind that "I" built when I arrived I would "not" think they "should" leave, but then again I probably would "hope" that they would, but I'm not about to stomp my feet if they didn't because the fact is, it's not my land.

Maybe, just maybe if there wasn't that many of them then maybe we could hunt together for the day and enjoy the camaraderie. That's always a good idea too, meeting new hunters.

It's not a war people, live and let live.
    Last edited by Sleep Robber; 11-05-2013 at 06:36 AM.
    Leave the gun, grab the cannoli's.

Here's something to ponder! I head out to marsh and find a blind set up right where I want to be, no problem, I set the decoys and put my portable blind right next to the one already there. Now you come along, the dude who built the blind, are you gonna ask me to leave? Think about it!! K

If i find someone in one of my blinds, better be a quick runner......... Hahaha trespassers....

just search and there's a thread on this from last year a couple pages long.

Legally and morally are two different sides of the coin sometimes.

And kelly i agree. Say a lay down punt is setup where the birds wanna be and only 50 yards from a man made blind. Legally a person can hunt there, morally it's a d*ck move
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

P U B L I C

public
    ˈpʌblɪk/
    adjective
    adjective: public

"BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.