Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: MU 3-28 Trophy Mule Deer Bucks - Skull Mt Rexford - Goudreaux - Camp Nine - Fishtrap

Re: MU 3-28 Trophy Mule Deer Bucks - Skull Mt Rexford - Goudreaux - Camp Nine - Fish

Forty days left to get ready Teddy!
    ----------------------------------------> Lil walking outside fast like and cardio with some movement of the joints, slow and easy nothing crazy!
    1. Hunting MU 3-28 is totally awesome and is fun
    2. Goudreaux can give me all the mule deer hunting I can do in a day
    3. Rexford and Camp Nine lakes I will use to walk around and hunt on day trips to keep orientated so I don't go spinning off some where
    4. Skull Mtn is a monument to mule deer and a wintering range for them when snow pushes them down
    Jel ----- - " Don't stop believing - we know where it's at, to find a beauty Hat Rack" ----------- 40 daze to Sept 1 folks <-----ll-=
    Last edited by Jelvis; 07-22-2018 at 07:17 AM. Reason: HBC sticks together and helps hunters

Re: MU 3-28 Trophy Mule Deer Bucks - Skull Mt Rexford - Goudreaux - Camp Nine - Fish

Beauty area, very close to mine but not it! Can’t believe it’s only 40 days or so until a September! Crazy how time flies!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

=-ll-----> " I hear yah, shallow the Langley muley boy whoa! Forty daze and nights. No need to get up tight eh, do some staionary bike.
    ----------------- McClure is good, Darfield, Hagen is all good for mules.
    Fall is coming and the days are getting shorter now
    Jel -- as we go into the season and some here go in and have a story with pix, don't show back ground - just show you and deer. Spots will be recognized by lots.
    ------ do closer up photo to protect your exact spot -- Have the buck and you in the photo and some ground around your feet and what not but not the sky line.
    Last edited by Jelvis; 07-22-2018 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Drink when you think your hungry it will compensate your need for H2O

39 days til Sept 1 and open day for muley buck hunters in MU 3-28 at Skull -- 39 only now --->
    Jel -- time fly's and it's going fast now -- keep limber and eat good -- check map of Skull and the lakes we mentioned so far. Check map, for elevation levels and (ponds and marshes close to these Lakes) mentioned. We want to link the lakes with these ponds and marshes connected to or close together as a spot to hunt.
    Last edited by Jelvis; 07-23-2018 at 07:01 AM. Reason: All of us will be happy with oil and gas available

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    I want to tell you if you go early - like right opening day, you will be able to make your mark in the Skull Mt atmosphere. You will see, you will walk, you will fall in love.
    Then, once you've made your mark, you have a life time top shelf mule deer hunting spot for ever. No need to go to some place like Colorado or Nevada.
    -- Just go, and once you walk around and use your compass, walk the atv trails too if you wish, keep eyes open and scanning.
    We will work this thread together as we go along, we have 55 days left til Sept 1, 2018 and we hit no atv's for hunting also.
    --This is how we show appreciation for the sport of mule deer hunting and the Ministry's super decision. By going and making this our main spot.
    Jel -- Stick along - you already know from the information given so far where to go anyways, the starting point of this magnificent area. I will define more as we go.
    - I appreciate Arctic Lake's comments and hope he goes and see's and hunts, and Popo, is going to fall in love with Skull - MU 3-28 -> ( Camp Nine and Rexford Lake).
    I'm gunna have to scout the area - but is terrain similar to that classic Colorado mulie hunt? Sage/buck brush, rolling hills etc or?

Would love to hunt an area like that anyway. Sit in one spot looking into every little opening for bucks

- 38 days and looking forward with a few already, and Shikari300WSM sit in one spot you pick, and look, and qawk with some Precision Optics --
    - - look into every lil opening for a monster buck
    " Any mule deer hunter in thee world, woody love it here, or your not quite there yet, if yah know what I'm trying to say? " Ahhhhh
    --- Scout thee area with your legs a bit at first, eyes wide open, head turning almost right around as your whole being starts to come alive.
    ------------Skull makes Colorado look like second place for the walker, the stalker, the hiker inner and looker. The western hills and gullies the sky lines whoa!
    ----all here and as you see and learn and experience you realize there is no reason or excuse, to stop you from being on the loose!
    --- you can take short shots, medium shots, long shots, longer shots and thee longest shot if, your a Marksmen or a Master of Dee Sas ter ok!
    Jel -- it's all in your head, your spirit, your soul, to think, plan ahead a walk with my gun, and haven soo moocho muley buck fun and seeing paradise b4 my 20/20 eyes
    --------------------38 days til paradise skies folks!
    Last edited by Jelvis; 07-24-2018 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Skull Mountain thee Muley Buck Fountain

The books Jelvis is plagiarizing aren't up to date in regards to things like wolf populations and deer populations. Skull mountain isn't what it used to be...I don't hunt it anymore. The wolf pack decimated the deer population to the point the CO's (vandamne) was actively trapping them in an attempt to reduce their numbers to save the deer. The ATV restrictions are irrelevant since most of the roads already had motorized vehicle restrictions! Listen to Jelvis at your own risk, he is just looking for attention but doesn't really have any real up to date info. There are deer everywhere in region 3. The trick is to find places that others aren't, and listening to Jelvis isn't going to get you your own little secret spot.

As for things like "montana like hunting" that you see on TV. It does exist in Region 3, but its more of a late season thing than an early season thing. Do your research on deer habits, migration and feed types and you will understand where to find deer at certain times. I know lots of spots that are good early season but ghost towns in the late season, other spots hold deer all year round. Big rack mule deer exist, but they take work and time or luck. I haven't cut a deer tag in several years looking for something worthy of my wall...and I put in 25 days last year! Beware Jelvis and his info from the 1980's...lots of these places aren't what they used to be.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

The reason I'm helping new hunters and hunterretes and first time hunters to Skull isn't for attention like cum-qwat is suggesting.!
    -- I don't need or want attention thanx Hahaha I want to see some hunter get a spot and a buck and just be happy like Jack is ok!
    -- the book it's talking about is the best book ever written on Hunting in BC and is still the best -- after decades -- made pure by the entire province in areas.
    -- B.C. OUTDOORS still the best. Accurate, honest, grateful, knows how BC environment works alongside the hunters and fishers. Works with the Pro's in BC 2.
    -- I've met C.O.s like VanDamme and Doug Jury the best in their field
    -- Montana like hunting is in your head, no different at Skull maybe a lil better for the long time user.
    -- good place to bring a hunting partner and camp and hunt ( Learn spots together ) experience the joy and remember the memory -- and can't wait to go back
    -- economical the cheapest hunt for Trophy Mules you will ever see, and top shelf hunting in every direction.
    -- you make your own spots within the entire Skull Goodro topography, world class.
    -- Late season hunting (extends into snow fall and tracking fresh monster tracks) -- Pre, Pro and Post, Mule Deer Rut spot, like no other to cover!
    Jel -- Skull won't dissappoint you like a person can, Skull Mountain is a Monument to the Big Muley Buck -- Big, hard and ruff and tuff itself. MU 3-28 is still great folks
    Last edited by Jelvis; 07-24-2018 at 11:18 AM. Reason: All of us will be happy with oil and gas available

The main point I want to make here on this Skull, Rexford Camp niner thread is I want someone to go here and camp and get to know this place. I want those hunters to hunt together.
    - I want to see after you get a buck, any size buck at all you consider your mule buck hat rack, a post and a small story, don't show back ground too much either.
    One hunter so far asked for a special prayer here in 3-28 at Rexy. Gutpile so far get's a special lil prayer for a nice buck at Skull.
    - I want to see family teams hunting Skull learning together certain spots they pick
    Jel -- some hunters are going to see a buck and get a real good chance to perform your action -- I just want to see a post after, with a smile ok!