Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Southern BC Mule Deer Project

Re: Southern BC Mule Deer Project

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    Better yet, use some of this abundant study money to eliminate a portion of them from the gene pool. Would do more good than counting dead deer.
    We can and are doing both on this website. There is room for both. I can understand frustrations from the predator control standpoint. Throw support behind the project of your choice. I can afford the time and the dollars to get behind this project. I am willing to help fund some predator control as well, but unfortunately with a young family and limited time, I am unable to devote the time and money necessary in order to even get close to a wolf, let alone kill more than one. Any knowledge we gain is beneficial.
    Last edited by Seeker; 05-04-2018 at 01:43 PM.
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

Thanks for sharing those Seeker! Was hoping you would follow chime in.
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Just spent some time clearing out much of this thread of unrelated nonsense. Some good, on topic posts got caught up in the cull, and I apologize for that. All I kept were the first few posts to set up the thread, and mass nuked the rest.

Comments on this thread will be limited to the topic of this particular study taking place. Not caribou or other species, not what is going on in other areas of the province, not the BCWF and not any of the rest of the ranting and raving that has taken place on this thread.

This has the potential to be an awesome thread and a great learning tool as information is updated throughout the length of the study. Please don't ruin it like before.

Fair warning to ALL:

If you are disruptive, veer off topic, rant about the injustice of your post getting deleted or are belligerent, you will be getting some sort of ban- And no, it won't be some sort of "secret conspiracy ban." It will be very evident to all. I hope this is nice and sparkling clear.

Thanks to SSS, Seeker and the others who are making positive contributions to this thread. Please proceed......
    Last edited by Gateholio; 05-27-2018 at 05:09 PM.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

So how about them mule deer��
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Ah a breath of fresh air, good job mods
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    Ah a breath of fresh air, good job mods
    Lol, whatever Piperbrown. You have the occasional questionable post too.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    Lol, whatever Piperbrown. You have the occasional questionable post too.

And we will see IslandWanderer in a month. He must have thought I was only kidding.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

A few pics from last year. Discovered this doe dead on power line around May 21st. Strange circumstance. Was wondering if it is breach birth complications. The marks on pictures are from ravens and vultures. She appears to been pecked at while alive cause she was still warm in pic however stiffing up from rigor. Maybe dead 4-5 hours. The pic of fawn leg pulled out of stomach is from birds a day later ...never had a coyote or bear on it. click on photo for a larger view.

It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Am i going to last long Gates?

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Good to see studies focused on Muleys. Hope this one can answer some questions!