Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best way to remove ticks

Re: Best way to remove ticks

Isn't it just easier to vote them out????

Oh crap. Sorry. Thought you meant "Best way to remove dicks"...

Quote Originally Posted by 35rem View Post
    Has nothing to do with the tick 2 years ago. Sounds like a growth of some kind and should be checked by your vet. In many cases a fine needle aspirate biopsy is enough for a diagnosis. This is a simple procedure that does not require an anesthetic.
    I am not sure about dogs but tick bites can leave bumps that last for years. I have one from last year. After removing a huge female deer tick from my side, the area was pretty swollen and itchy. Over time it hardened. It's been about 8 months now and I still have it. It itches sometimes but not as bad as it used to. I have shown it to a couple of doctors. I forget the name for it.

Not medical advice of course, just wanted to point out that tick bites (probably many other bug bites or even pricks by vegetation) can cause long lasting reactions in the skin. They can either go away or the skin cells can build up into a benign tumor that is about 1cm.

My dogs tumor is about 1cm squared, Quite red and swollen. Ive been putting tea tree oil on it daily. Going to the vet on tuesday.

Vet said small tumor is a cyct.

I was up Garnet Creek between Aggasiz and Hope this morning running my dogs when I got home my wife found a small tick on the neck of one of our white dogs.

After a thorough inspection on all 3 dogs I now have the flea/tick shampoo out going to give them all a much needed bath I'm then going to clean out my SUV and spray it with flea/tick spray.
    Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyduck View Post
    Vet said small tumor is a cyct.
    I have a few of those. Sometimes they itch but otherwise it's just a cosmetic thing. I forget the medical term. It's probably the same thing.

The double-tick I had on my ankle from mid April seems infected pretty bad. Probably need some topical or maybe oral antibiotics. Also just got hammered by a cold/flu (something in between) type thing. Hopefully not related. caddisgirl hasn't caught it though which is odd. Might be off to the doctor for me.

My dogs count is now at 25 for this year alone. Found a big white colored one in her ear while fishing the other day. The cyst has receeded somewhat after putting tea tree oil on it. Also I read that oil of oregano is a good safe antibiotic for topical usage.A tics bite will sometimes leave a bacterial infection behind, same as what lyme disease is. Hammer those spots right away,just in case!!

Maple Ridge, Horse Lake but sometimes the dog house

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyduck View Post
    My dogs tumor is about 1cm squared, Quite red and swollen. Ive been putting tea tree oil on it daily. Going to the vet on tuesday.
    Careful with the application of Tea Tree Oil on dogs. In diluted form, small amounts can be tolerated but the oil itself is toxic to cats and dogs..
    Cody: It's a pretty cool sidearm you got there. What is it?
    Four Leaf Tayback: I don't know what it's called. I just know the sound it makes when it takes a man's life.

Marvin Boggs

Frank, I never thought I'd say this again. I'm getting the pig!
    Frank, we gotta get rid of this broad. I know a great place up the road. Lots of alligators.

Marvin: If there's one thing I know, it's women and covert operations.
    Frank: Marvin, that's two things.
    Han Cho Bai: No, grasshopper. It is not.

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpa Joe View Post
    Careful with the application of Tea Tree Oil on dogs. In diluted form, small amounts can be tolerated but the oil itself is toxic to cats and dogs..
    I was gonna say^. I almost killed my dog trying to clean his ears out with some. Goes to show how much internet advice is worth. If you dilute it in olive oil or something, it's probably effective, but make sure it's never applied to anywhere they can lick; or even scratch, then lick their paws.

Quote Originally Posted by Pemby_mess View Post
    I was gonna say^. I almost killed my dog trying to clean his ears out with some. Goes to show how much internet advice is worth. If you dilute it in olive oil or something, it's probably effective, but make sure it's never applied to anywhere they can lick; or even scratch, then lick their paws.
    not just dogs and cats...it is poison to ingest it
    https://www.poison.org/articles/2010-dec/tea-tree-oil