Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Elephant Hill Fire Area closed to all motorized vehicles

Re: Elephant Hill Fire Area closed to all motorized vehicles

Moose, deer are having babies now, calves and fawns, baby bears you name it, vulnerable to noise pollution and disturbance with the terrain completely changed and naked.
    Jel -- May is Mothers day -- Spring is birth time -- lots of lil ones -- real small drinking milk --

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    so it was more bs
    How was it BS exactly?
    The letter you posted had been floating around online all day, many people including myself had phoned a few agencies to question the validity of the letter.

Hey Tex I dig yer stuff like the whole world does, but cood yah change that avatar photo? It's not you I hope?
    Jel - that picture is too much ok

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    Moose, deer are having babies now, calves and fawns, baby bears you name it, vulnerable to noise pollution and disturbance with the terrain completely changed and naked.
    Jel -- May is Mothers day -- Spring is birth time -- lots of lil ones -- real small drinking milk --
    This^^^^^
    Also, with the Mule deer pops needing a refuge with high quality habitat, and after seeing every fire inundated with hunters with quads, trucks etc, the benefits of the fire are for not if they are all shot by so called "gut pile chasers"
    Vehicular access is precisely what the Mule deer dont need for an already struggling Mule deer population, and it would be shameful for any restrictions to be ignored by anyone.

It looks like the map I expected last fall...
    reducing the access that was the result of fighting the fire can only be good for hunting in the future...but for sure it is going to cramp people's style.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Vehicle restrictions are going to have to be part of future game management if were going to enhance Mule deer pops, habitat etc in BC.
    If the restrictions aren't observed by the Natives then were going to have a problem, and will show complete contempt for wildlife policies beneficial for the people of BC and more importantly....Mule deer. I dont consider a vehicle restriction as an infringement on an "aboriginal right to hunt" therefore should apply to all people.

I find any further restictions on resident hunters to truly "cramp peoples lifestyle" and there is no need for it in the first place.
    Someone dropped the ball on many other fires in this province in regards to access minimizing the overall outcome of the increased habitat. The game pops will explode outside of the restricted area just as it will inside the restricted area, despite what the resident commie tells us.

Adding to the disturbance level, the whole area is and will be getting a big influx of mushroom pickers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    Hey Tex I dig yer stuff like the whole world does, but cood yah change that avatar photo? It's not you I hope?
    Jel - that picture is too much ok
    Who is the pic of Jelvis ? Does he offend you ?
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    The way I read it Bernie is all the existing roads are ok to drive on just not off of them ?

Hear ya Don, but just saying its not black and white, if people have to interpret they are not being clear enough?
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Gotta be clear like the boy says, people need to be given proper instructions as to what and how and when.
    -- Not only clear for the public but clear for the authorities to understand.
    -- C.O.s should be given a pay raise and benefit boost. Their jobs are getting more complicated as these things unravel.
    Jel -- Only way is to make all people aware and then punish any of the disobedient who refuse to buckle under --
    Last edited by Jelvis; 05-18-2018 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Clear as a Bell -- Ding Dong