Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Govt lies about moose hunting in Peace

Arrow Re: Govt lies about moose hunting in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by DJK View Post
    Just saw an Instagram post from The Hunter Conservationist stating that the Blueberry River FN chief received a death threat about the proposed moose hunting restrictions. If it's true, no good could come from that.
    Here's the article: https://energeticcity.ca/2022/03/25/...moose-hunting/

Shameful behavior. Just as shameful that some here lean towards supporting that kind of horse shit.

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: Govt lies about moose hunting in Peace

Blueberry River First Nations Chief Judy Dejarlais received a death threat on Thursday, claiming Indigenous people are the reason for proposed moose hunting restrictions in the region.
    In a Facebook post, Desjarlais shared the voicemail, which came from an unknown number and has been reported to police.
    “Hey Chief, a sad white man calling you. Trying to take away our moose? F**k you. F***ing line you up and scalp all you f***ers out there,” said the man in the voicemail.

I know personally many FN people including some of the chiefs, from areas around the top of north east BC, all the way down to Prince George.

From my experiences knowing them they are extremely friendly, and generously sharing with what they have. They have treated me like a guest in their home and are some of the nicest people I have met.

I have had offers on multiple occasions to join them on hunting trips and other outdoor outings. I have learned more then I ever could on my own about BC history, from lessoning to their elders speak.

I have never hear one of them say that they were afraid I was going to hunt an area or kill off their moose. If anything they would help you out about where to go for good spots to check out, and were happy for me or anyone they saw who had a successful hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by DJK View Post
    Reported by the Alaska Highway News and Energetic city.ca. Apparently this is the voicemail:

“Hey Chief, a sad white man calling you. Trying to take away our moose? F**k you. F***ing line you up and scalp all you f***ers out there,” said the man in the voicemail.

I don't believe any actual hunter out there would open with that first sentence, which sorta begs the question; who would?

I can think of a couple of people that would do something like that, especially if they were in their cups. Where is Dewey anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack;[URL="tel:2331427"
    2331427[/URL]]Blueberry River First Nations Chief Judy Dejarlais received a death threat on Thursday, claiming Indigenous people are the reason for proposed moose hunting restrictions in the region.
    In a Facebook post, Desjarlais shared the voicemail, which came from an unknown number and has been reported to police.
    Im sorry but that message sounds staged, scalp you? Obviously can’t prove it but just sounds staged to me to have back lash from wokes against whites.
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Staged? Probably not. FSJ is still a pretty rough town.
    And don’t forget, it isn’t just moose…. A LOT of people have lost work over this decision (on a magnitude that most don’t even grasp if you don’t live here) already as the government won’t issue any permits for oil and gas or forestry. Lose 75% of your work overnight, 75% of your employees, sell 75% of your iron at the auction, and now have the government slash an open season to LEH? People openly express that opinion in town at the gas station and restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    I can think of a couple of people that would do something like that, especially if they were in their cups. Where is Dewey anyway?
    Yup, I can see it happening come a few drinks.
    I can understand that frustration lies just beneath the skin these days for many.

NEWS

excerpts

A First Nation in B.C.'s northeastern region has reached an agreement with the province to protect wildlife, forest and land resources and share revenue from oil and gas development.

The deal comes following a 2021 court ruling, which found the provincial government infringed on Blueberry River First Nations' Treaty 8 rights because the province allowed development including forestry and natural gas development without the community's approval.
    The court heard more than 84 per cent of the nation's territory is within 500 metres of an industrial disturbance.
    B.C. Premier David Eby announced the agreement at a news conference held with the Blueberry River First Nations at the Prince George Native Friendship Centre on Wednesday afternoon.

Desjarlais said the agreement signifies a new approach for government and business to work alongside First Nations.
    "For a long time, First Nations were put aside, not engaged with or listen to," she said.
    "Today marks a new direction. First Nations will be participants in all stages of development. Blueberry now has a say every step of the way."
    'Negotiation rather than litigation'

Premier David Eby said the agreement is a way to move ahead. He said it creates momentum for future land use planning agreements and is an important precedent in the province.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-agreement-natural-resource-development-blueberry-first-nations-1.6718204
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

wondering if BC Hunters right to hunt was any small part of this new arrangement

What say The 'Alliance' ?
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

Unhappy Re: Govt lies about moose hunting in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by high horse Hal View Post
    Premier David Eby said the agreement is a way to move ahead. He said it creates momentum for future land use planning agreements and is an important precedent in the province.
    Translation: Place your head firmly between your knees...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me