Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ethic Question about road hunters VS real hunters

Re: Ethic Question about road hunters VS real hunters

Go hug some trees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocender View Post
    Listen...hardly any of you guys even understood the question I made,the entire point I was making is completely lost on most of you....ya' ,I'm a troll...**** sakes you guys are daft.....I'm asking about the etiquette of road hunters when they come up on a guy on foot....they have a discussion about what's going on and they **** the guys opportunity....is that OK with you road hunters....is that how you operate....I give a shit how you hunt, except when it interferes with my hunt in an obnoxious way....so,you want to talk about division, that's pretty divisive, as are most of the dumbest comment's by most of the guys commenting....so,as I have already stated,it's no wonder the public perception is so dark when it comes to hunters,just read the comments and that's where your public relations campaign needs to begin....with etiquette that apparently has been left in the dust.....makes no difference to me,but you guys preach about being good stuards, when most are just assholes....I killed my elk and will continue to have success regardless.

Listen...hardly any of you guys even understood the question I made,the entire point I was making is completely lost on most of you....ya' ,I'm a troll...**** sakes you guys are daft.....I'm asking about the etiquette of road hunters when they come up on a guy on foot....they have a discussion about what's going on and they **** the guys opportunity....is that OK with you road hunters....is that how you operate....I give a shit how you hunt, except when it interferes with my hunt in an obnoxious way....so,you want to talk about division, that's pretty divisive, as are most of the dumbest comment's by most of the guys commenting....so,as I have already stated,it's no wonder the public perception is so dark when it comes to hunters,just read the comments and that's where your public relations campaign needs to begin....with etiquette that apparently has been left in the dust.....makes no difference to me,but you guys preach about being good stuards, when most are just assholes....I killed my elk and will continue to have success regardless.
    I don't think your point was lost on everyone.

However, several peoples points appear to be lost on you....

First, You have painted everyone based on the actions of one. "One ass drove past me so everyone MUST be the same and do the same...."

Second, This is YOUR version of events. There is always THREE sides to every story. Your side, the other guy's side, and then there is what really happened.
    Understand, This is NOT calling you a liar. This is saying this is how YOU saw the version of events play out.
    Perhaps the other fellow in the vehicle didn't think there was an issue in driving past after he talked to you
    Perhaps he couldn't turn around where you thought he should have.
    Perhaps he isn't skilled enough to back up down an overgrown road.
    Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps...
    We don't have his side to know.

As I indicated earlier. I drove past a couple guys on foot earlier this season. I had no choice as that was the only road out. These two fellows and come in from a different area/direction and were walking the road.
    Were they just as pissy about me driving past? would they have a legitimate complaint? In their eyes, some asshole in a vehicle simply drove past them...

Perhaps you are right, they proceeded forward simply to mess up your hunt. I don't doubt there are fellows capable of such dick moves out there.
    However, I'll tell you right now, not everyone in a vehicle is out just to screw you up....

I think you'll find your trips out to be just a little more enjoyable if you lose the perception everyone is out to get you....

You do understand that roads, especially FSR's, were built for vehicle access. Not as first come hunting ops. If this bothers you, take a hike off the road. It's not hard.

As for ethics, there's rules and regs. Etiquette is you stroking your bent ego.

Congrats on the elk.

By adding the end comment you hi jacked your own thread.

Ethics comes up every year and will continue to I’m sure.

This year day 1 of the season I had 2 guys in sxs drive in on me before legal atv time. While in canoe calling on a small lake for a couple of hours had a guy walk in and say this side of the lake was his and got pissy when we wouldn’t leave. It’s a wonder that some don’t get shot.

They just didn’t care. It’s the same mind set as people that cut you off in traffic, do 100k in a 60 zone, steals anything that not nailed down. The law or rules just don’t apply to them. Common courtesy or ethics is way down there list,,,,, unless it happens to them.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

The thread took a turn in the first sentence when you considered your self more of a real hunter than the "road hunter".

Because your on foot your more entitled?

Quote Originally Posted by S.W.A.T. View Post
    The thread took a turn in the first sentence when you considered your self more of a real hunter than the "road hunter".

Because your on foot your more entitled?
    I had to fight my unconscious bias after just reading the title of the thread. Right or wrong that title was a poor choice of words and a lot of people made their mind up as to what the OP is about right there…

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybiscuit View Post
    I had to fight my unconscious bias after just reading the title of the thread. Right or wrong that title was a poor choice of words and a lot of people made their mind up as to what the OP is about right there…
    Exactly....

Haven't read the 9 pages etc.

I am a hunter who walks nearly 100% of the time.
    Do I like when a vehicle drives past me....not really....why would I?
    However, if the road goes on forever, then no big deal.
    Shortly ending in a cut block, then yes, i feel the vehicle could turn around OR, get out and walk it.

Why the get out and walk it?
    Because it might be an area he/she has hunted for years and is sort of their honey hole, and remember, its PUBLIC LAND.
    I know I have a couple areas that i had all to myself for 30 years that are now full of hunters.
    So, I am still going to hunt it whether you are there or not, but not with a vehicle.

Now, here is some good news for you and many like me.
    They are starting to really deactivate side/spur roads that do lead into some nice cut blocks (if you hunt those type of areas).
    So, that vehicle driving by you is going to happen less and less, and there are plenty of bans starting to happen.
    Just be careful what you ask for, as your honey hole might become 15 km or more away and you now have to get there by foot!!
    But, something to take solace with in the future.

One last thing.
    I don't hunt cut blocks that often, and that is the best way to avoid vehicles and the hunters that ride in them.
    Just another thought.

Lol, let's bump this classic discussion.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Don't walk the roads if you don't want to be passed by a truck, a quad, a bike or a faster hiker, all hunters are equal, stop segregating you are no better than the next guy, smile and wave, have fun, help others have fun