Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: amazing video

amazing video

not in canada, but in alaska. bow hunter gets 12 yards to an alaskan brown bear and takes it with his arrow! pretty insane! if your strapped for time skip to 5:30
    http://www.wideopenspaces.com/nerve-...mpaign=Hunting

2. Site Sponsor

Re: amazing video

Wow!!! See the size of his paws!!!
    Aim small,,miss small

vortex hunter Guest

What a tank

No offense to the OP but I'm not ashamed to say that video's like this do nothing for me. It's seems like everyone is trying to up the ante by getting incredibly close to their dangerous quarry before they make a shot, like some kind of testosterone thing. How long before a hunt like this goes terribly wrong? Sure, the quide sitting there had a high power rifle, but that is in no way an insurance policy against something going south. Or people calling in big bull moose to mere yards?? That's a freight train sitting a few feet away that could go into high gear at a seconds notice! Crazy.
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

I agree.
    I wouldn't feel one bit sorry for the guy if he hadda been eaten by that bear.
    sensationalism, that's all this was.
    trying to be better than the other guy.
    oh yeah? well I shot a grizz from 20 yards.
    oh yeah? well I arrowed one from 12.

that is a fricking monster !! well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Sofa King View Post
    I agree.
    I wouldn't feel one bit sorry for the guy if he hadda been eaten by that bear.
    sensationalism, that's all this was.
    trying to be better than the other guy.
    oh yeah? well I shot a grizz from 20 yards.
    oh yeah? well I arrowed one from 12.
    I also feel that long distance shooting has become a sensationalist thing as well.
    You made an 800 yard shot? Well I did 1050! With my eyes closed to boot.

Now if you can make that shot and are confident in it and the animal is dead, then good for you, but lets not make this a pissing match, ok?
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

Wow scary! Taking some chances for sure, awesome video!
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Huge bear, big balls to get that close and keep calling it in right to the end!
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom

Recent Nanaimo transplant to Williams Lake

Amazing country and bear. It is possible he did not have a good clear shot from where archer was until closer. Sure the camera man had a good clear view, but when he did shoot the camera had a bad angle and looked to be the worst time to shoot.
    "People who know the least always argue the most."

"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right, you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."