Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kamloops news. RCMP/Hunter

Re: Kamloops news. RCMP/Hunter

skibum===We know the gun laws -- you are not allowed to do that.///to do what who know the gun laws? camo costume does'nt make any diff..

Transportation

• Firearms left unattended in a car must be locked in the trunk or in a similar lockable compartment. If the vehicle does not have a trunk or compartment, the firearm must be placed out of sight inside the vehicle and the vehicle must be locked (same rules apply for transport of replica firearms)
    • Non-restricted firearms must be: transported unloaded -----SO LEGALLY YOU CAN WALK on the street gun at you back[no need case] unloaded..i don't say it is wise thing to do so..might cause hysteria..

considering recent events, I'm going with the RCMP on this...they sort of have to follow up...don't you guys think??
    The hunter could of left his gun in the house or his car while waiting to be picked up.
    If that hunter had been dropped off and was standing there for a while waiting for the next ride to pick him up, possibly that hunter could have given it some more thought
    how exposed the rifle would be while waiting and what alarm bells might be set off.
    Regardless how some feel RC's over react etc....they still have to look into it.
    There were a few guys running in some camo gear and guns not to long ago...who were shooting at others...regardless of the initial reasons.
    The person who called it in may need to think a little harder 1st to what they are seeing...but once RC is called...they don't have a choice...
    The hunter may want to rethink what he has out in the open when standing in a rural part of a street with a rifle exposed...no????
    Last event in Ottawa....not so funny!
    Just like some people shouldn't posses a drivers license, I a have seen a few hunters of the years that make me think they shouldn't have a licence or a gun either.
    I'm not going to beat the RC's up on this one at all.
    Not in this case, surely.

Quote Originally Posted by skibum View Post
    And they shouldn't. If I was a cop, I sure wouldn't want to be taking my guard down for call of a guy with a rifle. They don't get specifics over the radio to mitigate the situation. From the story this dude was on the street with his gun. We know the gun laws -- you are not allowed to do that.

[and I don't know the full story -- if the gun was in a case or not -- or why he had to be standing on a corner with it to begin with instead of his driveway]

Some of the firearm laws are stupid, but you have to use your head.
    Correct me if im wrong but I've always understood with correct licencing in place I could walk down main street with a rifle. In my hand or over the shoulder. Not advisable. But completely legal. My point is, I wouldnt want to be conceding to laws that dont exist. I'm not questioning RCMP action in this case.
    Last edited by J_T; 10-31-2014 at 12:00 PM.

Bugle M In
    I'm not going to beat the RC's up on this one at all.////neither do i..but law is law,,,why don't go by that?
    more we keep legal guns hidden..deeper we have to hide them...why nobody is educating --no gun people..what is illegal,,and what is not? like some hours at the highschools...gun educating..some aux RCMP can du that maybe

Quote Originally Posted by skibum View Post
    And they shouldn't. If I was a cop, I sure wouldn't want to be taking my guard down for call of a guy with a rifle. They don't get specifics over the radio to mitigate the situation. From the story this dude was on the street with his gun. We know the gun laws -- you are not allowed to do that.

[and I don't know the full story -- if the gun was in a case or not -- or why he had to be standing on a corner with it to begin with instead of his driveway]

Some of the firearm laws are stupid, but you have to use your head.
    Sorry skibum but you are wrong. Show me the law and I will say sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    considering recent events, I'm going with the RCMP on this...they sort of have to follow up...don't you guys think??
    The hunter could of left his gun in the house or his car while waiting to be picked up.
    If that hunter had been dropped off and was standing there for a while waiting for the next ride to pick him up, possibly that hunter could have given it some more thought
    how exposed the rifle would be while waiting and what alarm bells might be set off.
    Regardless how some feel RC's over react etc....they still have to look into it.
    There were a few guys running in some camo gear and guns not to long ago...who were shooting at others...regardless of the initial reasons.
    The person who called it in may need to think a little harder 1st to what they are seeing...but once RC is called...they don't have a choice...
    The hunter may want to rethink what he has out in the open when standing in a rural part of a street with a rifle exposed...no????
    Last event in Ottawa....not so funny!
    Just like some people shouldn't posses a drivers license, I a have seen a few hunters of the years that make me think they shouldn't have a licence or a gun either.
    I'm not going to beat the RC's up on this one at all.
    Not in this case, surely.
    I get you Bugle but here is a great example of why we are slowly being squeezed out of our abilities to possess firearms. Why do I or anyone else need to worry about how I,m presenting my firearm. Why if I'm legally allowed do I need to worry about how it looks. Education is the answer. He's legal end of story. D

The issues that happened in Ottawa are far from this and the media has tainted you and most others. This is not news worthy!!!
    I didnt even know I knew how to ninja roll...but its my new move in a pinch....

but if anyone could point me in the right direction for dirty hookers, it would be much appreciated. And possibly a lawyer

In light of recent events I have been extra cautious when going hunting. I case my rifle and put it in the back of the truck until I get into the hunting area. I guess my main concern is someone reporting a man with a gun in the front seat at the Tim Horton's drive through. Police respond on high alert due to what has happened. They have no idea what to expect. You get stopped at gunpoint and if you scratch your nose you could be killed. Not saying anything bad about RCs just that a young snot nosed kid fresh out of Regina with a major rush of adrenaline could make a mistake that would cost you your life. In fairness to all law enforcement we should try to me more conscious of this when transporting firearms or walking around in public with a rifle slung over your shoulder. Yes it is legal but is it being a responsible gun owner?
    Proud member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Hunt,Kill,Eat

I don't expect non hunters and non gun owners to know the intricacies of all the gun related laws, just as I don't know the laws about things that don't pertain to me. I can understand how someone might be concerned by seeing a man with a gun on the street and call 9-11. Sounds like the police attended and handled the situation just fine. The hunter probably should have kept his rifle cased, regardless of "legal" IMO
    Taking devil's advocacy just a little too far?

In this day and age, I think it's better to call in someone with a weapon, dressed in camo, standing on the side of the road. It'd be better to have the Police handle the guy if he was going to go door to door shooting folks! Up here it's quite common to see Girls and Guys walking or riding Quads with Rifles, hell most of us take our Quads to the store, before it burnt down mind you, with our Rifles either on the front rack, in a boot, or on your back, no one seems to mind too much!