Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boats for sale

Re: Boats for sale

the poor guy decided the cost of owning and maintains a boat simply wasn’t justified for 6 to 8 weeks fishing a year ..
    6 weeks of fishing is going to seem like a dream come true soon enough. Lots of closed areas, reduced catch limits, scarce bottom fish, taking the boat out will be just another scenic Sunday drive.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Heh. Different sort of Indian...
    Your account has been banned permanently. Reason: Your account has been blocked due to comments that could be construed as hate speech. For more information, please visit: http://cbc.ca/submissions.

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    That would be a GOOD thing ! RJ
    I can see more positives to this....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3D45F0DA-4F25-40EB-85DC-534BAFB13959.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    6 weeks of fishing is going to seem like a dream come true soon enough. Lots of closed areas, reduced catch limits, scarce bottom fish, taking the boat out will be just another scenic Sunday drive.
    Change a few words and you are describing how hunting is going.

As the reality sinks in,I see more and more typical 16-18’trailer salmon trolling boats come up for sale....I’m afraid our west coast way of life is over.

Quote Originally Posted by ratherbefishin View Post
    As the reality sinks in,I see more and more typical 16-18’trailer salmon trolling boats come up for sale....I’m afraid our west coast way of life is over.
    We've been casually considering something in that range as a multi purpose, cabin / lake water sports / fishing boat in the summer and the odd Fraser River fishing excursion.
    The salmon fishing changes aren't really a game changer but does make us question the purchase.
    On the other hand, if one can get a suitable vessel for a decent price …………………………….
    Spent all my working life in a Marine related business and have seen many of these up and downs in boat values due to all kinds of reasons.
    Used to see a marked increase in "stolen" or "sunk" or "burned" boats at those times.

My dad just sold our 17’ Whaler in Campbell River this past weekend. It’s been used a lot less since I moved the wife and kids up to Fort Mac but we still managed a few good trips each summer, and of course dad used it whenever he fancied. With the regs the way they are and taking a quick look at the future of sport fishing in BC we figured we better sell it while we could. Sad to see it go but let’s face it, a 17’ Whaler is a fishing boat and with the way fishing is going in BC I’d be better off taking my dad to Alaska each summer for a trip to a lodge. Add in the lack of pipeline support by the present provincial NDP government and if I could avoid spending any money in BC this year I would.

Really haven't seen that much for sale. Don't know about people buying new boats. I guess if I decided to become a Alberta resident I wouldn't be keeping an ocean boat either.

Make no mistake,the ripple effect of this political decision masquerading as ‘conservation’ is going to br felt right through the industry