Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Celebrating 75 years -- The Chadwick Ram 1936-2011

Re: Celebrating 75 years -- The Chadwick Ram 1936-2011

bang flop baby!
    "You Fat Man, Speak Up"

In your dreams thats one world record that will never be broken kind of likes the Canaucks or the Maple Leafs winning Lord Stanley Cup
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    LOL if Chadwick was shooting a Weatherby it would have been dead after the one shot !
    If he was using a weatherby, the paper bag over his head would have prevented him from shooting at all and it would have still been killed by one shot from the guides .30-06

I was in Cody Wy last summer and visited the Buffalo Bill Museum. Yes the Chadwick ram is there in the firearms section of the museum. It was the most impressive mount I have ever seen.
    diharv

Well i know what i'm looking for in two weeks.Don't need the lamb tips just give me the mass.
    The OP is a cruel man.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

A freak of nature . . . we now dream of rams 10" shorter!
    "Every time is a once-in-a-lifetime experience . . . all different" Glenn St. Charles

LIFE MEMBER: RMGA, WSSBC, BGRCBC

I think one day it will be beat,there are rams killed every year with the same or more age than that monster. Living down low in the bush,good food & genes.....one day!

Quote Originally Posted by goatdancer View Post
    Awesome ram but it begs the question - how come he's not broomed off at all?
    The Chadwick ram, although he has a huge set of horns, was probably not aggressive, and spent his life as a subordinate ram. Probably did not butt heads much, and thus the pristine horns. In other words, he was somebodys b!tch
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

The record will be beaten one day ....oh yes it will........
    And That Is That

Out of all the guide/outfitters in sheep country, resident hunters etc. in the past umpteen decadades roaming the hills and still not a sniff???? One would dare to say the record will never be touched! The only ram that I've seen that would even come close lives in the Sewell Valley Game Ranch - ooh soo sad!! If someone ever breaks this record it will be worth more than the lottery!
    You'll miss 100% of the shots you don't take!