Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sitka or Rivers West

Re: Sitka or Rivers West

Talk to Hermit who runs VantagePoint Outfitters. His prices on Sitka Gear are better then any I've seen.

Sitka is a lot lighter than RW west too in comparable items, packs better aswell. Not sure how the warranty is on either
    Make Your Own Luck

I have used Rivers West for a number of years as well as Sitka too. I think it would depend on what kind of hunting you are going to do. If you are hiking RW is not the gear to use as it does not breathe at all and I would go with the Sitka. However, I found if I am in my treestand or on my quad especially in the rain or snow the rivers west kept me warm and dry all day. The Sitka gear worked well too but I found sitting in a treestand all day in the rain or snow then heading back to the truck I would get a damp chill with the Sitka product. If I was hiking all day I would use the Sitka. Noise with both products was never a problem both are quiet and both are very durable IMO.
    BC4Bowhunter

I have owned both, and would not buy RW agian. I will stick with sitka, i would own more of it but, its pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by BC4Bowhunter View Post
    I have used Rivers West for a number of years as well as Sitka too. I think it would depend on what kind of hunting you are going to do. If you are hiking RW is not the gear to use as it does not breathe at all and I would go with the Sitka. However, I found if I am in my treestand or on my quad especially in the rain or snow the rivers west kept me warm and dry all day. The Sitka gear worked well too but I found sitting in a treestand all day in the rain or snow then heading back to the truck I would get a damp chill with the Sitka product. If I was hiking all day I would use the Sitka. Noise with both products was never a problem both are quiet and both are very durable IMO.

x2 ...you are bang on IMO

I would never buy Rivers West again. It feels great, looks great, wears extremely comfortable but leaks like a . First time I wore my pants they leaked. My buddy has gone through 3 pairs, via warranty factory replacement, all 3 leaked.

Still looking for good, warm, leak proof gear.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

I have the RW Ambush jacket and have been happy with it. My one complaint is that dampness creeps up the sleeves in the rain so that your undershirt is wet up to the elbow. I like the pockets on the RW and it does keep me warm and dry in the winter months.

Sitka Gear - I got tonnes for Christmas and was so impressed that I wore the core layers everywhere I went for the first 4 days. Now I am not so impressed. It is crazy expensive and still comes from China. Somebody is really getting greedy here!!!
    Anyways, the stitching is coming apart in many places on both the core pants as well as the undershirt.
    Next time, if spending that much $$, I would check first and only buy quality products made in North America.
    Patiently waiting here on my roof for the mob of Zombies. Can't wait!!!

I have the rivers west gear , great for heavy rain sitting in a blind or tree stand but spend any time hiking and you get soaked.I am in the same boat this really like the sitka gear but I tend to be hard on camo and If i dropped that much cash on camo and it didn't last i would be choked.

I picked up Sitka's Traverse zip tee for the 2009 hunting season, worked well for a late Sept./early Oct hunt. The stitching was unravelling a bit at the wrist after that trip. I dealt with Sitka directly, washed it up sent it back and got a replacement. The Sitka boxers I got for Christmas 2009, were comfy, and wicked well at first. Going on longer XC ski outing/ snowshoeing proved them to be cut poorly, having seams come together behind your sac. So they crawl up and chafe. I contacted the store ( Schnee's in Montana) where my wife got them, and after the OK from Sitka, they took them back, and refunded the purchase. Sitka was aware of the issue, and were being redesigned in spring 2010 when I contacted them. The Celsius hat is excellent , as it is warm, lightweight, cuts the wind, wears all day without being itchy, and stays in place. Also fits well those those of us afflicted with B&C sized heads. I don't see it on their website anymore, looks like the Jetstream beanie or Stratus hat would be similar.