View Poll Results: Is it legal to have a loaded firearm inside your tent while camping on crown land?

Voters
237. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

193 81.43%
  • No

44 18.57%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it legal???

Is it legal???

Last edited by sammy-j-peppers; 06-12-2012 at 11:26 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Is it legal???

i would have to say yes, no diff then a hunting blind...

When sleeping in Grizz country one would be stupid to not have a loaded gun at the ready but I doubt you are allowed to have one loaded at the ready.....you might walk out of reach and then someone bent on breaking the law take it.
    Originally Posted by Gatehouse "I don't worry about the trim on rifle scopes. Probably because I have never caught the ghey."

Im guessing you got 3 different answers
    Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    Sorry Ozone you are correct

How about

3) I don't care, I'm doing it anyway?

I'm fairly sure its illegal when you consider regulations considering safe firearm storage. But like I say, I'd rather pay the fine than not be able to shoot my way out of the bear burrito situation...

If you are in an area where it is legal to discharge a firearm, it's legal to have a loaded firearm, s long as it is under your control. (You can't leave an unattended, loaded firearm in your tent)

The exceptions to this would be if there are other, specific laws that prohibit it (such as in your truck)
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

IMO A tent is not a residence, so the same rules apply as in the outdoors.
    Practice safe handling skills, muzzle control

On that line, being drunk in a tent would be the same as drunk in a public place ? Not a safe haven ?
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

I said yes......interesting question!!! Should be some interesting comments on this one!

Perry
    The man who smiles when things go wrong....has thought of someone to blame it on!!

Light travels faster than sound!......He looked pretty bright.....Until he spoke!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    If you are in an area where it is legal to discharge a firearm, it's legal to have a loaded firearm, s long as it is under your control. (You can't leave an unattended, loaded firearm in your tent)

The exceptions to this would be if there are other, specific laws that prohibit it (such as in your truck)

From the rcmp-grc,

UNLOADED non-restricted firearms can be kept unlocked:
    temporarily if needed to control animal predators in an area where firearms can lawfully be fired ( amunition must be kept separate or locked up); or
    in a remote wildernesss area (ammunition may be kept readily accessible).

As far as i can tell it can not be in the gun! Like Gatehouse say if you are lawfully hunting.

After seeing videos of what grizzlies do to tents, I wouldn't go to bed without the riot gun right next to me. If I'm in the canopy or camper, gun beside me 3 slugs on the window sill. Better to be safe than eaten!