Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: peep dloop alignment issue

peep dloop alignment issue

Hey I got string sillencers put in the other day and from then there were allignment issues. He told me I could move them up and down and change the spin of the string fixing the issue, we got it pretty close before I left . since then I have shot maybe 20-30 arrows and my peep is way turned now where I can hardly see through it. Is there something I can doto fix it. I don't want to turn my d loop If I don't have to, last time I did it messed up serving and had to get it all redone .

2. Site Sponsor

Re: peep dloop alignment issue

yup your string is stretching ... either press the bow and put another twist into it or turn you d-loop

I would put some twists into your string however
    provided that your string is actually in good shape ... new one otherwise
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

What Mikey said is good advice.

Don't like anything other than peep splitting the strands on the string local pro shop encourages not too install as they are rubber and with different temps and more arrows put threw the bow becomes a headache and not worth the hassle for a few decibels. If anything use something that slips over top of the string so it doesn't affect string twist. My experiences only

thanks guys, is there anything i could do at home?what do you mean spin dloop? i meant to bring it too big game archery here in abby today but didnt make it before closing. and i dont trust hub sports with my bow last week it took at team of 2 10 minutes just to press it.

What bow do you have?

currently shooting quest torrent

Quote Originally Posted by backcountrybowhunter View Post
    Don't like anything other than peep splitting the strands on the string local pro shop encourages not too install as they are rubber and with different temps and more arrows put threw the bow becomes a headache and not worth the hassle for a few decibels. If anything use something that slips over top of the string so it doesn't affect string twist. My experiences only
    thats what i think is messing with it because ive shot this bow for months now and the string never spun beofre and as soon as i added these the string couldnt be contained

align the d-loop with the peep. simplest fix
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Sorry I am very new when it comes to bow repair. Do I just spin the d loop? I did that before when my d loop was loose and my serserving came unraveled. Is there a certain direction to spin d loop . Can I just pull the silencers by hand without damaging them .