Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Butcher Bob's in Forest Grove

Re: Butcher Bob's in Forest Grove

Several years back, I tagged a small bull at a the end of September, around 5:30. It was +24. I was pleased and panicked at the same time. I quickly field dressed it and loaded it into the back of my truck. I called Bob as soon as I had cell service, begging forgiveness, but could he please help with cooler space. Bring it in, he told me. Did a great job with the cut and wrap and was very fair with pricing. Should I ever be fortunate enough to harvest another bull, he gets my business.
    CranePete

yes butcher bob sold and was just helping out for a year to help the new owner get up and running.took my deer there unfortunately was very unimpressed. this last year had to find a new butcher was sad not going to butchers bobs for the first time in over 6 years.

Sorry to hear that bchunter181 I know Butcher Bob's has been around a long time as my dad and uncles have been going there a long time. My grandfather built our cabin on Ruth lake back in 1958 and I might be mistaken but my dad was going to Butcher Bob's back in mid 80 or late 80 maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by BStrachan View Post
    Sorry to hear that bchunter181 I know Butcher Bob's has been around a long time as my dad and uncles have been going there a long time. My grandfather built our cabin on Ruth lake back in 1958 and I might be mistaken but my dad was going to Butcher Bob's back in mid 80 or late 80 maybe.
    yes he has been around a long time but like i said he sold and it is no longer him.its a different owner and different person running it not bob anymore!!