Thread: Whipsaw Open?

Whipsaw Open?

I had heard a few weeks ago the Whipsaw Rd and roads near there Sunday,Saturday,Friday were blocked off during concerns with the Manning Fire. Now that the people have been allowed back to East Gate and fire under control is everything back open. Want to take the wife for a drive this weekend. Any info appreciated.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Whipsaw Open?

Quote Originally Posted by BCBairdo View Post
    I had heard a few weeks ago the Whipsaw Rd and roads near there Sunday,Saturday,Friday were blocked off during concerns with the Manning Fire. Now that the people have been allowed back to East Gate and fire under control is everything back open. Want to take the wife for a drive this weekend. Any info appreciated.
    Drove through on Friday and none of them were blocked on Hwy3.
    Manning fire appeared more under control than it had last Monday.
    Last edited by Roboduck; 09-19-2022 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Fat finger spelling error

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/sp...rison_lake.pdf

There is a closure impacting some roads in the area. Check the map at the link above to make sure you’re planning to be in the ‘good-to-go’ zone.
    Good luck
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

As Roboduck noted, there were no roads blocked when I drove up to our Tulameen cabin yesterday, how far you can get up Whipsaw however, I don't know.
    Son will be at cabin with me tomorrow, he lives in Princeton, hunts extensively in the area and might have a better idea, I'll ask and post what he says.
    The local fires are pretty well done, flood damage to the roads from last November however has really limited access in some areas.

Any word yet on the rd condition
    majorguns