Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: National Indigenous Day BCWF Reconciliation Dialogue

Re: National Indigenous Day BCWF Reconciliation Dialogue

Quote Originally Posted by 180grainer View Post
    ..... cause the BCWF is too concerned about hurting feelings or being offered a chair so they can "watch" the negotiations. **** these dirt bags.
    Thanks for telling me what motivates me. I was previously unaware that my goal was to get a chair to "watch" the proceedings. (Where are you getting your intel, btw? I'd take your source off the payroll because he's feeding you bullshit )

There's lots of Conservative news outlets you could communicate with to articulate your concerns. Rebel News, True North, The Post Millennial. Hey man. Conservatism is starting to pick up. But it aint coming from our Status Quo politicians. Break out of the mold. Walk away from what they are doing.

Wait, are you suggesting BCWF think outside the box by becoming...some sort of conservative action group? That BCWF should make "conservatism" one of it's goals? Drop the crack pipe and back away from the chalupa. BCWF cannot become a conservative political action committee. We'd be in contravention of all sorts of laws and we'd incur a huge financial expense.

Why would we do that? I mean, one reason we'd do that it because the membership, in discussions with itself over a Zoom call about how to address the challenges of T&R sent a clear message saying that they wanted the BCWF to change it's purposes from a conservation organization into a conservative PAC, or because they sent a message saying we need to pursue *conservation* through conservative political action or something.

The problem, of course, is that you've been saying even having that conversation between BCWF members is somehow completely wrong.

Or are you saying BCWF should become a conservative political organization because....that's what you'd like to see? If so, hey, register, send in the questions, give the feedback. Again, you need to be a BCWF member, so if you're not, join a BCWF club or become a direct member and then explain to the other members how your plan works. If it's a good plan I'm sure you'll get support.

If you stay, it provides legitimacy. It's not a legitimate process. It's a forced process with no recourse for the major population.
    If BCWF stays....where? In that place where it talks to it's members and asks for bottom up feedback? Where it tells the government that we're not happy with what it's doing or how it's doing it?

You remember what it is that you're objecting to on this thread, right? You're objecting to BCWF making use of the interwebs and Zoom to have a conversation with the BCWF president, and Indigenous consultant and the membership to find out what we do about reconciliation and all the challenges that are presented by it.

I think maybe you've lost the plot and confused who plays what roles. If I'm wrong please explain, and make the dots really easy to connect. I somehow doubt that Ezra Levant wants to hear about habitat preservation or predator control, and I doubt he'll help us on that score, but if you can clear my confusion up I'd appreciate it.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
    Agree George Soros is a Major Dick!
    He's got his dirty hands in everything, (besides gun control) that has a chance to cause mayhem , division, turmoil, breakdown of society, etc.
    So....now that you know I don't like George Soros can we get back to talking about what BCWF membership wants BCWF to do in regard to T&R in order to achieve BCWF's stated conservation goals? Or are we moving on to the impact of BLM and CRT on moose populations in Region 6?
    Rob Chipman

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Last edited by 180grainer; 06-14-2021 at 11:45 AM.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

180:

Thanks for the Rebel News video about questions that remain unanswered about Kamloops. Unbelievable stuff.

There should probably be a conversation about that.

Somewhere.

With groups that have influence over that and who are focused on addressing the events at the Kamloops Residential School. (Maybe you could find some people or an organization that fits that description).

Meanwhile, as far as BCWF and this even goes, we're talking about things like:

• Mutual interest in conservation and predator control
    • Shared concerns about habitat loss and degradation
    • Interpretation and roll out of UNDRIP legislation in B.C. and the
    • Success and challenge of BCWF's Indigenous Relations portfolio

Now, I don't see the history of the Kamloops Residential School on that list. Can you explain how you looked at that list of subjects and somehow deduced that we'd be arguing about what happened at the school?

Rob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Chipman View Post
    180:

Thanks for the Rebel News video about questions that remain unanswered about Kamloops. Unbelievable stuff.

There should probably be a conversation about that.

Somewhere.

With groups that have influence over that and who are focused on addressing the events at the Kamloops Residential School. (Maybe you could find some people or an organization that fits that description).

Meanwhile, as far as BCWF and this even goes, we're talking about things like:

• Mutual interest in conservation and predator control
    • Shared concerns about habitat loss and degradation
    • Interpretation and roll out of UNDRIP legislation in B.C. and the
    • Success and challenge of BCWF's Indigenous Relations portfolio

Now, I don't see the history of the Kamloops Residential School on that list. Can you explain how you looked at that list of subjects and somehow deduced that we'd be arguing about what happened at the school?

Yea, I'll remove it. I was looking for that thread which was about the discovery and couldn't find it.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Jan 13th

No need to remove it. Just explain how it's relevant to what we're talking about.

I'll note that Rebel uses the term "kidnapped" kids. Does that mean Ezra isn't conservative...
    Rob Chipman

Generalizing can only hurt reconciliation.
    People need to be very careful of generalizations.
    Painting an entire culture with the brush of certain individuals is always harmful and helpful to governments to drive a wedge between people.
    Politcians always look for wedges to exploit to creat unrest.
    These same politicians who were driving the extinction of aboriginal cultures will turn around and drive extinction of European cultures if it suits them.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    These same politicians who were driving the extinction of aboriginal cultures will turn around and drive extinction of European cultures if it suits them.
    But, but, but,.....wouldn't that be a conspiracy theory?

Collectivism is Slavery

Jan 13th

But, but, but,.....wouldn't that be a conspiracy theory?
    No, not a conspiracy.
    Truth. Experience.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

First off Rob, please don't take my post as a personal attack against you. I don't agree with you on some points of view, but I absolutely respect your willingness to stand up for what you believe is the right way to deal with the situation we find ourselves in. I will try and respond to a few of your rebuttals

As far as not having any say over wildlife management or environmental protections placed on resource extraction.....wait, what?

I'm pretty sure none of us has much say over that right now. Did I miss something? Did the NDP and Liberals all agree before the election that saw Christie Clark bounced the the G-Bear hunt was coming to a close? (Answer: yes). Did they consult with "whitey" or debate it in the leg? (Answer: no). Did the Feds ask whitey if they should buy a pipeline, or shut other ones down? (Answer: no). Do the feds ask whitey when they should open or close salmon fishing? (Answer: no).

Again, I don't know what world you live in, but here in Canada you get a once every few years chance to choose between a few different political parties and once that's over we learn, once again, that the government got elected (again) and that they're going o do whatever the hell they can get away with. Do they do things differently where you live? Do they ask your opinion about cutting old growth forest or what they negotiate for habitat protection or who they allow to co-manage what parts of the province?
    What i was getting at, was the rules and regulations set out by those we elect every 4 years will have no force or effect in these new sovereign territories that are being created....the wildlife and land base will be at the mercy of whatever level of protections the band decides. May be fine....or may be a disaster

Talk about them all you want. I'm the last guy stopping you. Chad Day of the Tahltan talks proudly of how the Tahltan fought and spilled tons of blood to keep their territory. Lots of FNs do the same.
    perhaps you can explain to me why its ok for Mr Day to talk proudly about all the blood spilt by his people, but I need to somehow be held to account for the for things the crown did, that I had no hand in?

In all honesty, do you think their feeling about that is valid?
    My point was not that I don't see the way they feel as being valid.....it was simply a statement that you have a group of people who feel wronged, and some existing laws and constitutional protections allow them to strike back at those they feel wronged them. Of course they are going to use whatever is at their disposal to strike back.......because they feel they have been wronged. Again, it goes to my belief that some FN have no interest in coming to a collaborative solution with the rest of the population....they want the bully to be brought down....ALL the way down

A couple things. First, there are already FNs negotiating and collaborating on some things. Second, there are many areas where the interests of FNs and non-Indigenous hunters, anglers and conservationists align (anywhere we protect habitat or do predator control there's a really good chance that FNs are involved and a pretty good chance that they're leading the efforts). Third, most FNs don't have the capacity to do everything they need or want to do. Many Indigenous people point this out.
    This probably is the crux of the difference of opinion between us....you appear to believe that FN who come to the table to collaborate are doing it with the best of intentions. I on the other hand see it as a way for them to incrementally grab a little more, and a little more. I think we just differ on what we each believe the ultimate end game is.

Now...how about you being honest: is there any politician who has a) a chance of getting into power anywhere in Canada who will b) not follow the direction of the Supreme Court of Canada and the Constitution as far as truth and Reconciliation goes? (Translation: do you honestly think the cavalry is coming to save you or do you understand that you need to do this yourself, here and now, with whatever tools you've got?)
    This we absolutely agree on, and was basically what I was trying to say when i stated that this will all be decided by the courts regardless of what party is in power and regardless of how the general population feels.
    The only way out that I can possibly see, and it would be a monumental task, with little chance of success.....would be to somehow get some similiar "rights" for non FN enshrined in our constitution....put everyone on a level playing field not by taking anything away from FN, but guaranteeing the same rights for the rest of the population as well.

JMO
    Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson