Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 45-70 vs Watermelons 1000fps

45-70 vs Watermelons 1000fps

Not cheap rounds, but a fun time...

Check my Youtube Channel for fishing and hunting videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjN...AEGjPIUba3pn9g

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 45-70 vs Watermelons 1000fps

Sure hope no one comes around the corner. Asshats
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Island Idiots View Post
    The road stops there. 40yrds of trees into a steep mountain. Pap smear.
    Last edited by bottles; 06-10-2021 at 11:41 AM.
    Check my Youtube Channel for fishing and hunting videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjN...AEGjPIUba3pn9g

Love the choice of music. Seriously. Neat contrast to blowing the shit out of watermelons. Looking forward to more.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Quote Originally Posted by Island Idiots View Post
    Your name says it all stay on the rock and all ypur perfection.perfectly safe... bottles thanks for sharring. Saved me some ammo lol

No garbage biodegradable target..now if you where sitting on your old couch shooting your old computer at 10yd with a shotgun and left the mess there then you would fit in up sylvester..

Quote Originally Posted by 180grainer View Post
    Love the choice of music. Seriously. Neat contrast to blowing the shit out of watermelons. Looking forward to more.
    Much appreciated! I'm still learning the ins and outs of my camera, so hopefully the footage will keep getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    No garbage biodegradable target..now if you where sitting on your old couch shooting your old computer at 10yd with a shotgun and left the mess there then you would fit in up sylvester..
    Haha! Things got real ugly up there. We actually kicked the melon chunks into the trees, took our paper targets with us, and our empty casings. Trash belongs in the garbage and not on the mountain sides!

Best use of watermelons I've seen.

I wonder if they would make a suitable replacement for my 1000 yard gong that somebody found and removed. Would a 160 grain hunting bullet at 3050fps expand enough to blow it up or just punch a little hole in it?
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

I'm thinking very ripe pomegranates might make good targets. Come with their own internal seed shrapnel too. Post the entire produce section for comparison sake.

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    Best use of watermelons I've seen.

I wonder if they would make a suitable replacement for my 1000 yard gong that somebody found and removed. Would a 160 grain hunting bullet at 3050fps expand enough to blow it up or just punch a little hole in it?
    Watermelon at 1000yrd would be pretty impressive. If you do it, give us a little range report.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post
    I'm thinking very ripe pomegranates might make good targets. Come with their own internal seed shrapnel too. Post the entire produce section for comparison sake.
    That could be interesting.