Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2011 Spring Turkey Contest Scores

Re: 2011 Spring Turkey Contest Scores

Quote Originally Posted by hunterfisher View Post
    Hi guys/gals,

I am looking at doing my very first turkey hunt this fall and have not he slightist idea of what to do or where to go. I have been hunting for 15 yrs now and i've never had the chance to do a turkey hunt. I have a big aniversary coming up with lots of guests on Oct 15 2011 who I would like to share a wild turkey with. It would be tremendously appreciated if I could get some guidance on where to go and some tips to help me get my 1st turkey. I only need to take one turkey and I may never get another. Again this would be so much appreciated if I can get this turkey this year. Thanks everyone for your time and I look forward to hearing from you. I hope im not asking to much of anyone.
    Where do you live?
    ~ If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting. ~ Aristotle

Re: 2011 Spring Turkey Contest Scores

I actually live just south of Calgary and it takes 8 to 10 years on average to get a turkey tag here. Its all draw process and im 3 yr so still lots of time to wait and not so much time before our aniversary. Thanks for your help.