Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newest arrival - deutsch drahthaar puppy

Re: Newest arrival - deutsch drahthaar puppy

I have talked to quite a few guys off the site that like you are a whole lot more knowledgable than me. They have given me valuable info and I'll do my best to put it in practice. I have read many times over and over if you want a bird dog you gotta have birds and up here they are at a premium. I have thought seriously about getting a coop and keeping some pigeons to work with. I used to raise homing pigeons and actually like them a lot. You were talking about not having support down there, just in case you didn't know, I have been PMing back and forth with a guy down there in Pitt Meadows, he has a DD, his name is BUCK on here and his real name is DAN. He seems to know quite a bit and has taken his dog through some of the testings, also, there is another guy wanting to test for VJP in 2012 with his pup bought from Lee Root out of Omak Wash ,and he lives in Surrey, so if your interested??? I don't know his ph#, but, If you want it i would scoop it for you.

Great looking dog!
    Hope he will not disapoint and be what you want him to be. He is in good hands.
    Smile when hunting

Michael Schneider
    Member of BCWF, UBBC, TBBC, GOABC
    VP-GOABC

If you can take a hop skip and a jump to Penticton... Jeff Martin is a DK guy but I have put in many days in the feild with his dog Nic.

Nic just got his KS and Jeff has trained 30+ internatioally awarded dogs. Nic is the current dog and I am sure that new pup from Vom Alderberg kennels is going to surpass what Nic is doing.

Jeff ownes Le Franz winery in Naramata and still trains the dogs every day, and puts time in to helping other trainers. He is very passionate about well refined hunting dogs.... yet he does not hunt!

Dutchie

Nice new addition my friend.Now I will have two dogs to hunt under as well as one slightly worn out and long in the tooth pack mule .
    Cheers,Steve.

Hi there Hotload! Glad it all worked out for you. Slickfork

Great looking pup Rod !! Now I dont need to ask what you are up to .... You are going to be busy ! .. But a good busy eh !
    Catch ya later

Hello folks ... I'm the guy Hotload mentioned living in Surrey with the DD pup from Lee Root out of Omak, WA (Feival Vom Okanagen Flusstal/AKA "Gunnar") PM me if you are interested in doing some training. Gunnar is 15 weeks old - it's been a blast so far but realize how much I have to learn (can you say "patience"!). VJP nxt year is something I do want to participate in.