Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GPS Questions

Re: GPS Questions

Quote Originally Posted by blackford View Post
    Is all this software / gps compatible with macs?
    The techie told me something about macs, but not having one, I just dismissed what he had to say. I do believe it was compatability though.. Check Garmins site, they may have something on there.

As a side note, it was a Magellan that got the Chretians from Penticton into trouble, but I have had a similar experience where had I followed the GPS60csx, I would have gone in the wrong direction. IMO, you have to use some logic and u-turn before you get into trouble. What happened to the Chretiens also happened to another couple in Oregon several years ago and I don't think it matters much which map software you use. There will be fallacies in all.

How you set your preferences has a large bearing. The "shortest route" is not the practical answer because the shortest route usually uses obscure roads that may be passable during the summer, but impassable in the fall, winter and spring.

Given that the video shows them in Baker City at 2pm, doing the backroads 5 hours later in unfamiliar country and with the onset of night darkness is not a good choice.

Notice that the searchers are using the same GPS and software to back track Mr. Chretien to see if he was side tracked.

Thankfully, by the grace of God and shed hunters, Mrs. Chretien survived. Hopefully, the searchers will find Mr. Chretien so the family will get closure.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by blackford View Post
    Is all this software / gps compatible with macs?
    The CD-ROM that comes with the 60CSX is called 'Trip and Waypoint Manager' and contains Garmins Mapsource program. If maps are bought on DVD and installed on a PC they are viewed through Mapsource. Mapsource is also used to transfer map sections to the gps.

It states on the CD-ROM envelope that 'Trip and Waypoint Manager is NOT compatible with Macs.
    "If It Doesn't Feed, It's Junk"

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser98 View Post
    The CD-ROM that comes with the 60CSX is called 'Trip and Waypoint Manager' and contains Garmins Mapsource program. If maps are bought on DVD and installed on a PC they are viewed through Mapsource. Mapsource is also used to transfer map sections to the gps.

It states on the CD-ROM envelope that 'Trip and Waypoint Manager is NOT compatible with Macs.
    I believe all the apps are available for mac they are named differantly.You can use Basecamp and several other apps that are built for Macs.Go to the Garmin site its all there.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Quote Originally Posted by whitetail2009 View Post
    Grouse river in Kelowna are advertising bc backroads sd for 119$ on sale now . heard it on the radio.regular 149.00$
    Thanks...Im going to get one.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

Is there a way to copy one sd to another..... Like having a back up?

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser98 View Post

If you have Trip and Waypoint manager already installed on you Windows PC, do not use the new version that comes with the 60CSX. It will over-write Topo Canada and may over-write other mapping programs too! Thats how I came to chat with the techie, Doug, at Garmin for 1½ hours.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"