Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What to use??

Re: What to use??

Quote Originally Posted by mxracer328 View Post
    my old border collie had bad joints, gave him glucosamine pills and it helped alot, worth a shot
    And buy them from the health food store. Alot cheaper. I used it on my dog when he was around 10, He lived to 14.

Quote Originally Posted by MooseWhacker View Post
    If we had a idiot of the week award here you certainly would be a contender.
    Yes he would....
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009

A brief update: My old buddy "Jett Black Jack" is hanging in here. I supplemented his diet with Glucosamine and Condroitin, and really limited the length of his walks off leash. We have about an acre where he can safely roam a couple times a day so he doesn't miss the beach romps too much. His weight is stable at about 65# and he doesn't seem to be losing muscle mass as quickly.
    The ends is inevitable, I know but he seems happy and content for now.
    Thank you all for your posts, concern and suggestions. I will keep you informed. It appears we will see spring together!
    Geo

Unhappy Re: What to use??

Well, today was not a good day. My old buddy Jett Black Jack had a massive seizure this morning. He's lost the use of his hind quarters and is very disoriented.
    We have an appointment with the vet at 2:20 today. It is unlikely he'll be making the return trip with us.
    He welcomed Spring just a few short days ago and I guess that's all that can be expected. Rest easy, old buddy!

Condolances remember the joy and good times.
    Good luck
    Last edited by Foxton Gundogs; 03-23-2011 at 12:36 PM.

Don't know if anyone already said this but my parents shepard has a limp and they started giving him glucosamine and it helped with his hips and arthritis.

Quote Originally Posted by gmcgilli66 View Post
    Well, today was not a good day. My old buddy Jett Black Jack had a massive seizure this morning. He's lost the use of his hind quarters and is very disoriented.
    We have an appointment with the vet at 2:20 today. It is unlikely he'll be making the return trip with us.
    He welcomed Spring just a few short days ago and I guess that's all that can be expected. Rest easy, old buddy!
    Sorry to hear this. I lost one of my dogs last November. Remember all the good times you had together.

Sorry to hear about your loss. I'm gonna beg to differ with the idiot of the week award consensus. I say that if you truly love your dog, you will not allow him to suffer. And why pay a vet 250 bucks to put it down. bullet costs a dollar. Four cents if you use a 22. Don't accuse me of not loving animals, but sometimes economics plays a little factor into it. We had to put down our five year old horse, who we pulled out of the mother, and trained up into a fantastic riding horse. We still didn't take her to any vet. Bullet to the middle of the forehead will drop a horse as easy as a dog
    Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    When you are up to your ears in SH$T, best not to open your mouth

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolguy View Post
    Sorry to hear about your loss. I'm gonna beg to differ with the idiot of the week award consensus. I say that if you truly love your dog, you will not allow him to suffer. And why pay a vet 250 bucks to put it down. bullet costs a dollar. Four cents if you use a 22. Don't accuse me of not loving animals, but sometimes economics plays a little factor into it. We had to put down our five year old horse, who we pulled out of the mother, and trained up into a fantastic riding horse. We still didn't take her to any vet. Bullet to the middle of the forehead will drop a horse as easy as a dog
    You know we all know (or should) know the harsh realities. Just some things maybe arn't real appropriate for a form where someone is already wrestling with them and hurting.
    Just my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by gmcgilli66 View Post

Very sorry to hear about your good pal Jack. One of the toughest things that we, as dog owners, can ever do is to take that last ride to the vet. To me, the decision to ease your pal's suffering is the final great act of love you make for a longtime friend.
    Drinking rum before 10 a.m. does not mean you are an alcoholic, it means you are a pirate.