Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Crossbows , Talkin or Walkin

Re: Crossbows , Talkin or Walkin

Kudu

Great to see the history of archery posted up. It demonstrates that crossbows have been around just as long as other forms of bows, and are every bit as legitimate bowhunting equipment as a longbow.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Kudu, awesome post on the history of archery! But I think there is a mistake, there is one "n" too many in 'annals"...

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
    Jeez Redneck! Simmer down. Bill likes to spout off on things. Listen or ignore, it's all the same in the end.

A little knowledge about a subject is a dangerous thing when wielded about 'willy-nilly'.

The Hermy knows how to take me. Your right he's one of
    those guys that like to hear themselves talk..

Couldn't agree more with lack of knowledge. I liked someones
    idea of having to show competency with your weapon prior
    to using it. Then all of this would be put to rest, and a lot of long bow users would use crossbows or compounds
    Don't worry about a pandemic, stupidity is spreading way faster

I like the idea of showing competency with one's keyboard, it would certainly cut dowon on the post count...

It must be winter!

Quote Originally Posted by troutseeker View Post
    I like the idea of showing competency with one's keyboard, it would certainly cut dowon on the post count...

It must be winter!

Might cut down on speeeling mistakes as well...
    Don't worry about a pandemic, stupidity is spreading way faster

Quote Originally Posted by OOBuck View Post
    Might cut down on speeeling mistakes as well...
    Absodoodly!

I'll kick the f--king thing out from under you then...

So,,, by taking or giving a course this makes you and some of the other holyer than thou journeymen HAHAHA what a joke!! I freakin hate special
    interest groups that think the sun shines out their holes it makes me sick!
    How long have you been shooting? I guess I be a granfathered journeyman if it went by time.. hmmmm
    Hey hey hey, I never ever claimed to be a good shot or long time archer or better than anyone else. However, any thinking person will understand that it doesn't take shooting skill or decades of bowhunting experience to see the obvious and to apply common sense. However, as you have made abundantly apparent, it does take a "special" skill to supposedly possess awesome shooting prowess gained from decades of target shooting and still not understand the difference between best practices and unethical behaviour. Practicing accepted bowhunting ethics, and trying to share those ethics with others is a lot different that the bluster and bombastic bullshit that you spout my heathen blood brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
    Jeez Redneck! Simmer down. Bill likes to spout off on things. Listen or ignore, it's all the same in the end.
    A little knowledge about a subject is a dangerous thing when wielded about 'willy-nilly'.
    The Hermy knows how to take me. Your right he's one of
    those guys that like to hear themselves talk..
    Bowwalker - Spout off?? Me?? PA-LEASE!!! We are cut from the same cloth you twit!! You and I are on the same side of this three ring circus - HW was being irresponsible in supporting neck shots... you called him out personally way more than me! Wielding ethics willy nilly? A little knowledge... dude I'm just saying shit when I smells it!!

And Scotty - next time I come to visit you at the shop I might just bring a tape recorder to catch one of your tirades!!! LOL
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by troutseeker View Post
    Here is what I use my crossbow for! Only got it this year, practiced with it for one hour on October (very accurate, like a rifle within it's range) and shot this little guy with it in December.

I must add that although the photo does not show it, this deer was full on 3D!

I'm guessing that deer isn't actually dead?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Gatehouse-It would apperar the deer is in fact dead. Thats not the one a person should be concerned with.

Hey Kudo - In 1208 AD, Temujin became Great Khan of the Mongols, better known as Genghis Khan.

I recently red the Conn Iggulden Conqueror Series: Wolf of the Plains, Lord of the Bow, and Bones of the Hills. He has a new one out called in the series titled: Empire of Silver. These are terrific reads about the Khan and the conquests of his family! Highly recommend them!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."