Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Granby Watershed Mulies

Re: Granby Watershed Mulies

Quote Originally Posted by dana
    20 years ago the Lightning Peaks area was good. Haven't been up there since I was 16. Last trip up was with my bro and all we brought was homemade jerky that was really salty. Man we drank a lot of water that trip.
    Apparently that area is "dryer than a popcorn fart" and the deer just aren't there this year. Most likely slightly lower in the wetter timber areas. We could have used some rain during late July/early Aug.

SSS

I would bet that many would just be hanging at treeline. Alpine veg can burn out easily in the heat of a hot summer but that same veg is protected under the canopy of the high elevation timber.

Quote Originally Posted by ~T-BONE~
    What are some of the better areas in that country for producing some descent mulie bucks?
    When are you planning on going and I will pass along a few spots..

Palmer

I've never hunted that particular area but if I did I would try Howe Creek and up to Bluejoint mtn. Looks good on the maps. One other area I really would want to try is the east side of Christina Lake. Yes I said Christina. One of my buddies is Italian so why not try the old Santa Rosa Summit road out of Christina Lake Village. Lastly but not least why does hwy 3 and Paulson Creek keep coming up at the local game club? Those beautiful bountiful hills around Christina Lake. Are they as good as the club says? Anyone? Bitter Creek any good? Might get some T bone steaks out of these areas or are they all shot out? (sarcastc smile) The Texas Creek Boys

NO deer in Christina this year all driven out by the Elk...