Jelhellyhilly ..........

Why are u stirring the pot???

Phone a help line...You need it!!

Re: Found this abandoned

Thats what you get for being lazy!

vortex hunter Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MichelD View Post
    Up in the alpine, a half hour walk from a side spur 12 km into the hills from a main FSR. Bogged down, in the bottom of a steep bowl. Must have been a heckuva walk out.
    Hunted that exact spot thier is another quad busted up there also ......Nice hunting spot.......seen a nice Grizzly in there also......dont talk about that spot..........

About $1000 / hr for a local JetRanger at 120 mph on the way in and 80 mph with the load on the line on the way out makes for a pretty quick recovery.
    Here's to the land of diamond hitches, packers and cooks, the Ol' Son$ofbitche$.......... Skook Davidson

My bro-inlaw found one in Alberta yrs ago while we were elk hunting. took pics of vin and stuff .It too was rolled but not badly.filed report and just before the time was up the owner popped up.Sounds like they went in heavy winter w deep snow and river crossing to recover it. Some guys sure jump to conclusions though.See a truck or quad standing for a day or 2 and right away all these senarios are poppin into their head.

OH.... that's were i parked it now i remember.
    I'm a lead foot, whiskey drinkin' outlaw.

Found myself a motor home way the heck back in the bush while hunting in squamish. broken door, broken ignition, blanket over steering wheel, missing plates, missing electronics, bullet holes all over the place, driven right into thick bush but hadnt been there long.

Took photos, recorded VIN, took GPS points and flagged trail out with tape. Called RCMP, they said go to the 7-11 and wait for an officer, waited for 20 min. finally showed up, took description and vin, didnt want photos, gps, or a guided trip back in or anything else. Once the realized it was stolen idiots called me 3 more times trying to find it. Finally I told them off, look i tried to give all sorts of information and no one wanted it, so stop bugging me.

3 weeks later while heading back up there I saw it pass me behind a tow truck on the way down the sea to sky.

Take another quad up there and tow it out..
    Last edited by hunter1947; 12-23-2010 at 11:35 AM.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Jelvis, Grateful Dead Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Take another quad up thee and tow it out..
    Exactly get a couple quads or some toyotas up there it will be out in 30 mins