Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 1100 meter moose kill

Re: 1100 meter moose kill

Quote Originally Posted by AT&T View Post

oh and why would anyone with a 270 throw rocks at anyone. Theres a weapon that causes so much damage it is just dumb. To fast to light. not a meat eaters calibre. I dont like them. A bad girls rifle.
    I'm assuming you're kidding, right?

And as far as your your comparison between hunting and sniping, one involves making a clean and quick kill the other involved killing or better yet wounding an enemy.

I think we should decide, here and now, just what distance is to be considered "Out of range".
    That way the guys that can't shoot will know what they should be able to do, and the guys that can shoot will know when they are being unethical

RD
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My outdoor vids on Youtube :
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RockDoctor07

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    I think we should decide, here and now, just what distance is to be considered "Out of range".
    That way the guys that can't shoot will know what they should be able to do, and the guys that can shoot will know when they are being unethical

RD
    Best line ever. You just redeemed a crappy thread.

That was perfect Rock Doctor. All I was trying to say by the military sniper comment was the shot is perfectly doable. Anyway I am going out this afternoon to shoot a Buck at 10 yards. Probably wound him, lose the arrow and track the deer into a neighbors garden. Any shot is risky. Especially when using a sharp stick and a piece of string.

Talking Re: 1100 meter moose kill

oh and why would anyone with a 270 throw rocks at anyone. Theres a weapon that causes so much damage it is just dumb. To fast to light. not a meat eaters calibre. I dont like them. A bad girls rifle.
    LOL! I too assume you are joking here. 270 is a perfect meat gunners rifle. Toppled far too many with minimal damage to believe anything else. Oh, and My Missuz shoots it VERY well thank-you

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

the 270 does alot of damage to a deer. Too much in my opinion. They are very popular. Some of which came from Jeff Coopers book. A person highly respected. I just dont like fast moving small bullets on deer. Sorry if I offended. That was wrong.

Wow ... AT&T ... what are you smokin?

What`s the drop on a kilometer long poke?30 feet or so?
    And yeah I`d take a crack at a badguy because I don`t give a shit if I wound him,moose on the other hand deserves better.At least the moose ain`t gonna blow up an elementry school.
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories

the 270 does alot of damage to a deer. Too much in my opinion. They are very popular. Some of which came from Jeff Coopers book. A person highly respected. I just dont like fast moving small bullets on deer. Sorry if I offended. That was wrong.
    Does that mean my .243 is useless too?
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories

Quote Originally Posted by sawmill View Post
    What`s the drop on a kilometer long poke?30 feet or so?
    And yeah I`d take a crack at a badguy because I don`t give a shit if I wound him,moose on the other hand deserves better.At least the moose ain`t gonna blow up an elementry school.

Thats funny. I guess a wound in a war is still a win.