Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: my new bow

Re: my new bow

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
    Those 'Death Grips' look like they are trying to fill your hand with grip. Not really a good idea, since a large, thick grip can induce torque more readily than a thinner, narrower grip can.

Of course the grip needs to be placed in the hand properly to perform well......right down the natural valley between thumb and index finger is the (and has been) the popular method of choice.

"Grip" is not really a good term here, as the bow-hand should not actually grip the bow. It should just support the bow - not inducing any sort of twist, or torque, or tilt to the bow what-so-ever.

Don't worry about hanging on to the bow. The pressure of a fully drawn bow (against your hand) will keep the riser firmly seated all through out the draw/shot cycle.
    The Death Grip could be 4 ft wide and it still would not torque the bow. You can put your hand on the grip any way you would like. The thing you must understand about "The Death Grip " is that it does not help to reduce torque. It eliminates it all together.

If you're hunting with it, I recommend taking the International Bowhunter Education (IBEP) Program. Just enhance the hunter skills you have and develop some new ones, unique to bowhunting.

Bow Walker Guest

I'm sorry - I seriously doubt that a grip on a bow can "eliminate torque altogether".

Come on now.

Tug on the other one - this leg is getting a bit sore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
    I'm sorry - I seriously doubt that a grip on a bow can "eliminate torque altogether".

Come on now.

Tug on the other one - this leg is getting a bit sore.
    Yes I said completely eliminate. That means 100%, Zero, Nothing, Nada and I don't mean 99.9% I said 100% and I mean 100%. I don't know how to make it any clearer than that. It is a wonderful product that does exactly what we claim. A rarity in the archery business.

Bow Walker Guest

A rarity indeed.

OK. Enough of the free advertising. You can have your thread back turtle7