Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: grizz outside your tent

Re: grizz outside your tent

Quote Originally Posted by gamehunter6o View Post
    Last year in camp I suggested blowing up balloons, covering them in fat and hanging them around our camp. The idea is, when Mr Grizz comes along, he pops the balloons with claw or teeth and scarpers.Don't laugh, it was a Kiwi that first split the atom.
    How about tie a sheep up outside the tent?? Good for knocking down the weeds around camp and would make one heck of a noise at night if mr grizz came to visit...sort of like an early warning device??

I like the idea of a portable motion detector-at least it gives you the edge and lets you know something is in your perimeter[horses coming into camp at night scared the crap out of me in the Kootneys once,thought for sure it was a sow and cubs]

A good dog, and a rifle in the tent, and I've slept soundly in bear country many times.

Funny how every noise heard at night is sure to be a bear attacking camp.

Keep food away from the tent. Keep torch on over night. A rifle/shotgun in the tent.
    Alex Li Custom Recurve 48" 62# @ 28", Osage-Bloodwood/Maple/Bamboo with Bocote Riser
    Alex Li Custom Recurve 48" 53# @ 28", Bocote/Bamboo with Water Buffalo Horn Covered Belly
    Blackwidow Recurve 56" 61# @ 28"