Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spring bears...

Re: Spring bears...

Nice bear hulk....congrats!!

On another note I have jusat heard a good friend of mine took a monster with his bow last night.....measures 6' 11" nose to tail still on the bear.....will post up more details/pics when I get them

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

This Sunday I'm going to head over to the Chase area for a week or so. Really hope I see a shooter(I'm not very picky).
    Dislexic's everywhere! Untie!!

Member,
    Mission Rod and
    Gun Club.

Heading out with Franko and Trevor on Sunday... think I'll take my new croosbow in case there is a good stock opportunity.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Im in Region 3 and been out a bit over the past week and a bit and have spotted 3 really nice bears here in Region 3. One red bear up a mountain about 1000 yards up (hiked and lost him, prolly over 6 1/2ft easily and one huge dome and no legs), 1 black just over 6 ft, seen him 3 days ago, good old sun was not in my favor on this big guy, heck couldn't get a clear pic), and 1 big cinnamon bear on a posted NO HUNTING OR SHOOTING property lucky me! Other than them seen 1 brown (2years to 3 years old), 2 sows (1 red and 1 black) relatively small but the black had 2 cubs (1 small black and a cinnamon cub), and half a doz small black bears. All tied up for a week but hoping to go out tomorrow and try for one of the big boys!

Going for bear this year for the first time with my son he really wants to go, if I don't end up liking the meat won't go again. Any tips on how to cook it tasty?