Thread: Elaho Valley Area

Elaho Valley Area

Drove in Sat and Sun and hiked until I was wetter than a fish, covered a lot of ground and did not even see a sign of deer in the fresh snow. These blacktails are harder to find then I thought! I will try again next weekend. Not a lot of hunters out there, scenery is beautiful.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Elaho Valley Area

Just got home from two days up the Elaho. One Blacktail now hanging in a friends garage in Squamish. Wet wasn't the word for it. Get out there more often and know where they are and you will be successful.
    THE FEW THE PROUD, SEMPER FI

Keep looking: they're definitely there. I was out for the day on Saturday and hiked for a few hours in different spots. Big scrapes and rubs on some trees, and tracks absolutely everywhere.

I must have been in the wrong spot. I was at 44 mile around the 1000 ft mark and I got REALLY wet! I did not even see one track left in the snow from Saturday, and I covered a lot of ground both days. I have been doing a lot of reading up on blacktail and their habits, I think that next weekend I will have a few new methods to try!

Matt

I didn't see a singe track either! But i guess i was only a few feet from you Scoopy, so that should be expected!

Can anyone suggest an approximate altitude about this time of year? Or are they covering a wide range?

Thanks