Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Crow hunting

Re: Crow hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Barracuda
    read every region and tell us if you find crow their isnt a listing as they are a schedule C vermin so yes we can shoot them in region 2
    Duhh. Thanks Barracuda for clearing that up. Sometimes I can't see the trees for forest.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

Quote Originally Posted by huntwriter
    As has been said here, you need a hunting license to shoot crows but there are no special tags for it. Crows are, like the coyote, concidered a nuisance animal.

You are so lucky in region 1, here in region 2 we can't hunt crows. Like ruger#1 said they are great fun to shoot. When I lived in Illinois, a few friends and I would bang them out of the air until we burned our hands on the hot shotgun barrels. It's good target practise too.
    You can hunt crows all you like in Reg 2!!

All you have to do is be in an area that allows shooting.

Fraser valley is full of crows, BLAST them!!
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Sometime soon, I will buy a nice Ruger 10/22 and spend my year (in between grouse hunting) shooting down as many crows as possible, I hate those birds, nothing worse then being woken up in the morning by a crow beside your window. aaaarg....

Crows are a very, very destructive bird. They are extremely agressive, and the province is just as happy to see people dust 'em.

As was mentioned, make sure you're not whacking a bunch of ravens.

As for recepies for crow - i'd recommend this:

Soak a ceader shingle in a good brine/spice marinade overnight, as you would for fish.

Put the plank over an open fire (let it burn down to nice cooking coals). Note - over, not in.

Put the plucked crow on the shingle. Cook for about half an hour.

Throw the crow away and eat the shingle.

That's probably about the tastiest way to make 'em. Myself, i'm thinking i just don't get that hungry...

Hmm the boys from the 70's show seamed to like them ok. Hell you can hunt them with a stick and a wistle.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by huntwriter
    As has been said here, you need a hunting license to shoot crows but there are no special tags for it. Crows are, like the coyote, concidered a nuisance animal.

You are so lucky in region 1, here in region 2 we can't hunt crows. Like ruger#1 said they are great fun to shoot. When I lived in Illinois, a few friends and I would bang them out of the air until we burned our hands on the hot shotgun barrels. It's good target practise too.
    Why can't you hunt them in Region 2? I might have missed it but I don't see anyhting saying Region 2 is off limits.
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson

oops! I guess I should have read every page of this thread first! Ignore me Wayne!
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!

Ok, Dad was reading this and wanted to know; What is the difference between a crow and a rave?
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

a raven is alot bigger, do you have them on the island, a raven is also a meat scavenger, means they do not eat farmers cherries rune farmers crops or eat birds eggs and baby birds like the crows do. funny thing is if you have a tame crow and you split its tongue it can say a few words. i also have a Friend that has an albino crow , he shot in Alberta.

Quote Originally Posted by ruger#1
    a raven is alot bigger, do you have them on the island, a raven is also a meat scavenger, means they do not eat farmers cherries rune farmers crops or eat birds eggs and baby birds like the crows do. funny thing is if you have a tame crow and you split its tongue it can say a few words. i also have a Friend that has an albino crow , he shot in Alberta.
    I believe it's the other way around, the Raven is much smaller.