Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Would you shoot a doe w/fawn?

Bow Walker Guest

Re: Would you shoot a doe w/fawn?

Someone has dug into the archives and resurrected an old thread. To what purpose can only be guessed at.

Quote Originally Posted by MIL720 View Post
    What a stupid fkn question...

its a valid question. more of a discussion. some would and some wouldnt..
    as far as your answer, i think thats more "f"'n stupid than anything.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by huntwriter It seems the "BS" worked just fine for me. But it's no problem you do what works for you I do what works for me

hunting, fishing, wheeling, arrow flinging, gun shooting, loving it all
    proud supporter of the browning and A.P.A. killing club

Quote Originally Posted by 6616 View Post
    The thing to consider is that if the WLB proposes or initiates an antlerless hunt there is a good reason and a population management objective like reducing the population or correcting buck/doe ratios is the likely reason. Population control and/or manipulation cannot be effected by male harvest only.

If the professional biologists that are paid to manage our wildlife think it's necessary and sustainable, why would we non-professional lay-persons question their decision?
    Exactly, if we want to be a management option, then we accept all management objectives and decisions. I have, do and will, take anterless animals. Very tasty.

Thumbs down Re: Would you shoot a doe w/fawn?

I agree with JT and share his way of thinking.

It is in interesting though "to me anyway" at how many guys would not shoot the doe that may have a fawn, but are ok with shooting wolves/cougars/coyotes/grizz and don't eat the meat? To me that seems like a bit of a conflict of ethics? One animal is ok to shoot just for the trophy or hide, and to discard the meat which is legal, but another animal should not be harvested because it's offspring may die, which is legal as well.

I am taking a week off to archery hunt this year and my goal is my first whitetail. I could care less if its a doe/fawn or a buck.