Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ebay stories

Re: ebay stories

Good place for reloading stuff too!

I won a batch of six boxes of 30-cal/180grn Barnes boat-tails from a cool-dude down in Colorado. In the end, the guy found another box of the same bullets, but the blue-moly coated version, and he threw those in as well.

Landed at my door here in Victoria for less than $110.00/Cdn. That's about .30-cents a bullet vs. a dollar or more off the shelf.

Good thing my old odd-six don't mind shootin' em...

I've bought and sold plenty on eBay and have yet to be screwed over...

Brand New Zeiss Spotter - Saved over $1000. (I bartered with the seller)
    Thorlo Socks - Save like $5.00 a pair from ordering here.
    1975 CJ-5 Jeep Top - Brand New $300. Saved about $500 there.
    Fishing Lures - Buy them in lots and save a ton!

I always make sure the item is being shipped USPS and not UPS. As most know by now they charge ludicrous "brokerage" fees to get your item here... Usually the duty is close to the cost of your item... UPS is a scam.

Carl

only time I've been ripped off was I won a tshirt that had Bob Saget on it and said 'original gangster' but it never did show up and the seller said it must of got lost in the mail
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Nothing but awsome deals on hunting gear. Hoyt Bow, Black Diamond Guiding ligh tent, cabelas camo. The rules I follow, is to always ask the seller how much the shipping is. Check his rating and feedback. My account through Paypal is linked to my Visa that has Buyer Protection, So if I get Screwed my Visa will cover me. You can also search Ebay.com for even more stuff. When I find the product that I'm looking for, I then go to the address bar and put in .com instead of .ca and it will take you to that page in Ebay.com. But you have to ask the sellers if they will ship to canada, sometimes they do.

i bought the 2 DVDs of Jeff Dunham's ventriloquist stand up routines for 35 bucks almost a year ago. they never showed up. haven't bought anything since, but i usually find what i need locally or through actual dealers online for a great price.
    "Good" - Jocko Willink

I ride an old harley and e bay is the best place for parts . If had some problems with slow shipping . I have always got my stuff . Few times it took over 2 mounths but I saved over 75% .
    R.I.P BiG Boar

I bought a Leupold VX-L 4.5-14x50 for $800 including exchange/ins./shipping/duties.
    In Kelowna I was quoted $1200-1400.
    I've had lots of great deals on eBay.

SHAKER is offline Hound dawger reborn......

Just bought a Leupold VX11 3x9x40 for $306 Delivered includeing insurance. Also buy and sell lots of mopar parts and don't have any problems. I have accually got worse quality stuff from retail stores then I get from there. I hate the idea of it but e-bay is ok.

Middle to upper, lower fraser valley mountain

Ive been had a few times on flea bay. Although i do look at stuff, i wont buy anymore.....
    "The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

I'm a vegetarian. I eat things that eat vegetables..........

My rule is: Never bid early.

I put the item on my list of things I'm watching, get an e-mail when it's close the the auction ending for that item, then if the bidding has been fairly slow, I'll wait until the very last few seconds of the auction and submit my bid (just keep hitting the "Refresh" button every few seconds to see the time go down). When I post my bid, if another bidder's higherst proxy bid automatically outbids me, then fair enough. I also stay withing my original stated budget.

It REALLY pi$$es me off when clowns who have no idea how to operate or are people who just "fiddle about" on there start bidding like possessed people early in an auction. All they're doing is falsely inflating the price. If they sat back and waited, they could have a little frenzy at the end of the auction, the "best man" would win it and, best of all, it would actually have been obtained at a bargain.

I often wonder if half of the e-bayers on the planet aren't lonely house-bound post-menapausal women, who sit at their computers surrounded by empty wine bottles and chocolate wrappers, just bidding on everything and anything to get their wee jollies in life.

I was trying to obtain a gas tank for my bike after I dropped it a couple of months ago. I did my usual thing towards the end of the auction and this person's proxy bids kept snookering me. I left the auction once I had reached my $ limit, but returned later to see what she had paid for it. Wouldn't you believe, it was just a hair less than for a brand new one, plus shipping? What a winner. So, I checked her bidding history and it appeared that all she did was buy stuff...any stuff...and re-sell it. Like some warped hobby. I have never seen so many beanie babies and Polly Pockets in one location and here she was sitting there with MY F$%#*&$# GAS TANK!!!!!!!!

There used to be tons of awesome deails on there years ago. Now, they're few and far between.

Cheers!

A-S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzKTOUkroU0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpQE9N0OCnA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ882QYzr-M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozBVguR5lrA&feature=fvst