Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: Stone's sheep hunting locations

Re: Stone's sheep hunting locations

Quote Originally Posted by mcguire.watkins View Post
    Does any one have information for a resident hunter regarding Sheep in the Blue River area of the Cassiar mountains? or how to hike in from the town of Cassiar?
    Try calling the mine or get in touch with someone from Jade city is your best bet. They should be able to steer you in the right direction

Quote Originally Posted by S.W.A.T. View Post
    Try calling the mine or get in touch with someone from Jade city is your best bet. They should be able to steer you in the right direction
    thanks, I will try that.

Following as I scheme up a location for 2022

Bump it up!

Quote Originally Posted by justhunting View Post
    Bump it up!
    why? smh....
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

I read through all the posts in this thread. So much good info was shared. A great resource when folks used to share info.

If you watch a certain 2023 Stone sheep YouTube vid that was released by a bc podcasting pair, and if you're half decent with fat maps you should be able to connect some dots.

If you're hiking in there are really not many options.

Do you research on this site. Do a lot of scouting and then go for it. We had success which was awesome but what I miss is just being up there in the mtns. It's pretty epic.

Quote Originally Posted by dapesche View Post
    I read through all the posts in this thread. So much good info was shared. A great resource when folks used to share info.

If you watch a certain 2023 Stone sheep YouTube vid that was released by a bc podcasting pair, and if you're half decent with fat maps you should be able to connect some dots.

If you're hiking in there are really not many options.

Do you research on this site. Do a lot of scouting and then go for it. We had success which was awesome but what I miss is just being up there in the mtns. It's pretty epic.
    Edit your post. Don't blow up someone else's spot. Very classless. Blow up your own spot...
    WSSBC Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by eatram View Post
    Edit your post. Don't blow up someone else's spot. Very classless. Blow up your own spot...
    I think he was part of the hunt, so it is his spot. I don’t think there was anything negative meant by it.

but I think I’m just ‘connecting some dots’

I get what you're saying, but bubba is correct. It was my own hunt that I was referring to.

My now deceased Sheep mentors would never blow up someone else's or their own spot, other than in a very non specific way.

It used to be that sheep hunters had to learn where to go the hard way, by going there and finding out....

Remembering taking an old sheep hunter for his last drive in the mountains, as he was too sick to walk, just weeks to live.
    Even basically on his deathbed, he would point, start to say something, then stop himself. Lol...
    He wanted to tell me, but that was not the code.
    His half gestures were the only clues he could allow himself to give.
    Loved it.