Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New socially engineered hunting reg's announced

Thumbs up Re: New socially engineered hunting reg's announced

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    BC Liberals or Conservatives?
    Conservatives all the way. Too much BS & baggage from the other Idjuts!

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    I believe you're right about a rally in Victoria, it may be the only realistic option to create change at this point, though we should all still take the time and voice our displeasure to our MLAs..
    If I am not in the field working, I will attend and bring a handful with me. I will contact Jesse and suggest this happen!!!

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: New socially engineered hunting reg's announced

I was at the rally both in Kelowna and Victoria. I agree that something has to happen, But unless we are prepared to break the law and be arrested rallies are a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheObserver View Post
    This really is not news to any one that knows their ass from a hole in the ground. We all seen the writing on the wall last year.

As klauset shcwab and the elites say "eat ze bugs big0ts".

Never.
    Nailed it about Klaus… and people still don’t believe it
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Conservatives all the way. Too much BS & baggage from the other Idjuts!

If I am not in the field working, I will attend and bring a handful with me. I will contact Jesse and suggest this happen!!!

Nog
    Right on good to know, thanks...

In both the Skeena and Omineca regions, general open-season hunting for caribou is now all limited-entry hunting.
    In north Skeena, moose hunting for any bull moose or antler restricted moose in many accessible areas is now limited-entry hunting.
    The general open season for areas that are remote and without motorized access will continue.
    So changes to 6 that were implemented in 7 several years ago......why the surprise and shock

Amendments include:
    • three new bull elk LEH in the vicinity of Squamish,
    • two new bull elk LEH in the Southgate/Homalthco River watersheds,
    • two new bull elk and one antlerless elk LEH in the vicinity of Powell
    River, and
    • split longer LEH seasons into shorter seasons for two elk LEH in the
    vicinity of Powell River.
    The changes provide increased opportunity for a sustainable Roosevelt elk
    hunt. In the case of splitting seasons, the change is also intended to avoid
    and reduce hunter crowding.

and who asked for that?
    Last edited by high horse Hal; 05-12-2024 at 09:49 AM.
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

An Oct. 15 – Nov. 14 youth only private land antlerless elk hunts in the Vanderhoof and Fort St. James agriculture areas has been implemented
    woohoo!

Ministry staff anticipate a 0.3% increase in harvest
    one animal?......ffs

this is the biggest k i t nutz
    success may be up due to the population numbers being up, yet the urge is to reduce hunter traffic
    1) Removal of the Spike-fork, 10 point, or tri-palm antler restriction on peace regionmoose LEH hunts. (Not proceeding for 2024)

• In 2022 most moose hunts in the Peace Region were switched from a spike-fork, tri-palm, or 10-
    point (SOFT-10) antler restricted GOS to a SOFT-10 LEH to reduce the number of licensed
    hunters within the region to no more than 3,500, and the number of moose harvested by licensed
    hunters to 646 (to achieve 50% fewer recent hunter numbers and moose kills for the region).

• This proposal suggested removing the SOFT-10 antler restriction from these LEH hunts, however
    this proposal was not approved.

• Removing antler restrictions was proposed to address concerns raised by First Nations
    associated with compliance and to address very low resident harvest success reported in 2022
    hunting data in a way that increased harvest without large increases to hunter numbers.

• 2023 hunter data became available during the review period, showing much higher success and
    harvest than 2022, and estimated harvest to be closer to the target reduction of 50% agreed to in

• Given this new information, if the antler restriction is removed, harvest success is expected to
    increase. To maintain the objective of a 50% reduction in hunter numbers would have required
    significant reductions to LEH Authorizations to remain under targets.

• Maintaining the SOFT-10 restriction ensures that there will continue to be reasonable resident
    hunter opportunity, while still meeting our commitments to First Nations on reduced harvest and
    hunter density.

• Some increase to LEH Authorizations is possible, but numbers will not exceed maximums set in
    the 2022 agreement with Treaty 8 Nations.

• Monitoring and demographic assessment of moose populations will continue.

• The Province has also committed new Conservation Officers for the region to increase presence
    and enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by high horse Hal View Post
    this is the biggest k i t nutz
    success may be up due to the population numbers being up, yet the urge is to reduce hunter traffic
    Ya that's BS...the greedy FN's want it all for themselves..