Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Best < $500 Rifle Scope

Re: Best < $500 Rifle Scope

Quote Originally Posted by kevingm1987 View Post
    As Tommy boy once said:

Tommy:
    Let's think about this for a sec, Ted, why do they put a guarantee on a box? Hmm, very interesting.

Ted:
    I'm listening.

Tommy:
    Here's how I see it. A guy puts a guarantee on the box 'cause he wants you to fell all warm and toasty inside.

Ted:
    Yeah, makes a man feel good.

Tommy:
    'Course it does. Ya think if you leave that box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter.

Ted:
    What's your point?

Tommy:
    The point is, how do you know the Guarantee Fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy, but we're not buying it. Next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I seen it a hundred times.

Ted:
    But why do they put a guarantee on the box then?

Tommy:
    Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is. Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for right now, for your sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality item from me

I read it 5 times and still don't understand. I think you were the one sniffing glue when you typed that answer? Maybe should hold off for a little while until you can think straight again

Quote Originally Posted by Gianni2507 View Post
    I read it 5 times and still don't understand. I think you were the one sniffing glue when you typed that answer? Maybe should hold off for a little while until you can think straight again
    1) Have you ever seen Tommy boy? If not, its a must watch and may help with the quote

2) All the vortex guarantee is them selling you a "guaranteed piece of shit" per the quote.

Everyone feels warm and fuzzy about their guarantee but the only way they can factor these costs into their product is with supplying you a sub-par product. A business needs to make money to survive. Vortex isn't losing money even though over 40% of their glass gets returned at some point. This should tell you something about their quality...

40 % ? Really....
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

Buddy had 2 VORTEX Golden Eagles in a row that would not track ! $2800 POS ! he went to a NIGHTFORCE Comp and Loves it ! I Know "Any and All manufactures can have problems " ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by high horse Hal View Post
    40 % ? Really....
    This is what I had read. Will see if I can find the article again.

Remember, they have the no fault warranty, not just the workmanship. One would have to assume some percentage of replacements are due to user error. Dropping and breaking, burning up in a fire, ran over by a vehicle, damaged on purpose by the user to get a new updated model.

The rate of return at Vortex is very high.

All manufactures will have their lemons at times but most only cover their workmanship. They would go broke with a no fault style warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Buddy had 2 VORTEX Golden Eagles in a row that would not track ! $2800 POS ! he went to a NIGHTFORCE Comp and Loves it ! I Know "Any and All manufactures can have problems " ! RJ
    Heard another common issue is the cross hairs falling apart in the scope. Focus stops working on spotting scopes. The list goes on.

1) Have you ever seen Tommy boy? If not, its a must watch and may help with the quote

2) All the vortex guarantee is them selling you a "guaranteed piece of shit" per the quote.

Everyone feels warm and fuzzy about their guarantee but the only way they can factor these costs into their product is with supplying you a sub-par product. A business needs to make money to survive. Vortex isn't losing money even though over 40% of their glass gets returned at some point. This should tell you something about their quality...
    lol I might have to look into that then! It's too bad, I was going to get some Binos from Vortex, but I might have to do some more research then..

..........The rate of return at Vortex is very high.

All manufactures will have their lemons at times but most only cover their workmanship. They would go broke with a no fault style warranty.
    Vortex seems to have no trouble tossing its money around, they sponsor lots
    To the point a consumer wonders what his purchase funds really go to.
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

This is what I had read. Will see if I can find the article again.

Remember, they have the no fault warranty, not just the workmanship. One would have to assume some percentage of replacements are due to user error. Dropping and breaking, burning up in a fire, ran over by a vehicle, damaged on purpose by the user to get a new updated model.

The rate of return at Vortex is very high.

so wait… all i need to do to upgrade my old razor spotter is huck it off a cliff?

Quote Originally Posted by high horse Hal View Post
    Vortex seems to have no trouble tossing its money around, they sponsor lots
    To the point a consumer wonders what his purchase funds really go to.
    they’re a marketing machine, that’s about all they do good