Thread: Last day for 2007

Last day for 2007

Well I got one day for Bow hunting today and it was a cold one. Me and a friend went out and over the course of 5 hours driving and walking we saw in excess of 22 does and 5 bucks and 4 moose. Unfortunately all the bucks were 200 yds away except for one big 2 point I spotted bedded on a open slope in the middle of a cut block. I spotted him at about 200 yards just by luck and then tried to put a stalk on him. There was enough gulleys and stumps that I got up to about 100 yards and made the mistake of going too fast. I crested a rise and spotted him still bedded but nothing in between us I backed down and went around the little knoll we were on and came up again except this time I was a little too fast coming over the hill. All i saw was a huge explosion of powder snow and then a big white ass taking 20 foot bounds into the timber. By this time my ass was frozen and there was nothing except stumps between me and the timber so I left it alone. Came back in about an hour and there was 3 does there and they busted me right away.
    All in all a great day hunting but bo was it cold ! Next year. Mike
    P.S. Me and my buddy saw the biggest 2 point we have ever seen at 150 yards. He was HUGE !! sorry no pics
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

2. Site Sponsor

Bow Walker Guest

Re: Last day for 2007

Kinda makes you think once or twice about guns doesn't it Mike?

Keep the faith buddy - it'll happen again for you.

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson

Re: Last day for 2007

Don't make eye contact Mike, don't make eye contact!
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!