Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fish eating ducks?

Re: Fish eating ducks?

I found them good if you breast them cut them into strips, then shake and bake them and deep fry'em.

Talking Re: Fish eating ducks?

Soak in a marinade overnight. Preheat BBQ and place Duck on a cedar plank. Grill over medium heat for about 1/2 hour. Throw the duck out and eat the plank.

Soak the duck in salted water over night to take the fishy taste out of the ducks.

Quote Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post
    Soak in a marinade overnight. Preheat BBQ and place Duck on a cedar plank. Grill over medium heat for about 1/2 hour. Throw the duck out and eat the plank.
    oh man thats too funny.
    feed it too your buddys and tell em its some kind of exotic fish.

Talking Re: Fish eating ducks?

dad told me you put the duck in a large deep pot, put a large rock on top too hold it down, cover with water, boil for 2 days , keeping covered with water, drain off , remove rock , dispose of duck , eat rock, tastier than duck and just as tender.thats what they do on the prairies.

Bow Walker Guest

We used to call them "double-enders"......garbage in / garbage out. Later on we called them "shitters". If we made the mistake of bringing one down (didn't happen very often) we left them out there for the seals and sea lions.

If using whole bird
    Skin them, trim off all the fat and soak them in buttermilk for 48 hours in the fridge, at least two changes, with fresh butter milk. Don't reuse the buttermilk.
    If breasting
    Debone,cut breast into strips,soak as above and shake n' bake it.

When I was in Newfoundland many years ago, I was given some canned turr. It's a sea-bird there, I assume it is also a fish eater of sorts but it was great and absolutely no hint of fish at all. I would love to get a turr canning recipe and try it on a duck or two to see.
    Tim

I should be able to get you a sea duck bottling recipe from my wifes side of the family. My father and brother inlaw used to hunt turrs all the time.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

cool man, see whatcha come up with.
    Tim