Thread: Anyone got an Alumacraft 1546 Tunnel boat?

Hybrid View

Re: Anyone got an Alumacraft 1546 Tunnel boat?

I have had a 2003 Triton 1546 DS with a 25 Merc and a 2017 Tracker Grizzly 1654 Sportsman MVX with 40 Merc. Both were all welded. I can’t give much of a report on the Grizzly as I only had 5 hours on it before trading it in on 19’ Targa with 150 Merc but the Triton had a god awful pile of hours and was one tough built boat!! It got used and used hard during hunting season. All welded is THE way to go IMO. I had a riveted Sylvan Big Jon prior to the Triton and after the first season had to rerivet the entire boat plus reattach the casting deck and repair the bow eye that pulled out of the hull.

2. Site Sponsor

Bahahaha! I remember this thread...

Still not sure how any prop boat could go in two inches of water...?

Quote Originally Posted by The Spank View Post
    I have had a 2003 Triton 1546 DS with a 25 Merc and a 2017 Tracker Grizzly 1654 Sportsman MVX with 40 Merc. Both were all welded. I can’t give much of a report on the Grizzly as I only had 5 hours on it before trading it in on 19’ Targa with 150 Merc but the Triton had a god awful pile of hours and was one tough built boat!! It got used and used hard during hunting season. All welded is THE way to go IMO. I had a riveted Sylvan Big Jon prior to the Triton and after the first season had to rerivet the entire boat plus reattach the casting deck and repair the bow eye that pulled out of the hull.
    Hah! Zombie thread revival!

Quote Originally Posted by The Spank View Post
    Better watch it ...they might kick you out of here for replying to this thread....Just a heads up....heard it from a friend.
    FULLY AUTOMATIC MANURE FLINGER